• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10

Kesha

Hello,

If I'm posting in the wrong forum, please forgive me. I had my HP Pavilion for 2 years or so, I stopped using it because it would freeze/crash and restart. Or freeze/crash and give me a blue screen with an error. I started backing up for the past few months and it was fine. Rarely froze/crashed and I was able to use it (mainly to play The Sims 4 game) with little to freezing/crashing. Then recently for the past few weeks, it wouldn't even stay on to load The Sims 4 game or stay on the desktop screen when not trying to run The Sims 4 game, without freezing then restarting.

I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 again, but it wasn't freezing as much. But then it started freezing and restarting.

Now I can't do anything.

1. Repair it; Use a device
a. (USB Drive or Windows Recovery DVD - because it didn't come with it)

2. Troubleshoot it; Resetting this PC
a. (Keep my files, Remove everything, and Restore Factory Settings - because it says Getting things ready then says There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.)

3. Using Advance Options
a. (System Restore - no restore points available)
b. (Go back to previous version - says We couldn't find a previous version of Windows to take you back to. Try resetting your PC instead [Troubleshoot > Reset this PC])
c. (System Image Recovery - doesn't have one)
d. (Start up repair - cannot fix)
e. (Command Prompt - I tried chkdsk c: /r /x it took about 4 hours to do it and that didn't work.)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've included a photo of the Automatic Repair screen.

Thank you.

Attachments

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    HP Pavillion