Windows 8.1 to 10 no product key

Kwills

My cousins laptop was running Windows 10, she sent it in for repair and they 'fixed it' by reverting it back to 8.1. I spoke to Microsoft support and they said I'm able to upgrade it back to 10 for free, however I'm unable to find the 8.1 product key (it's not on a sticker and she doesn't have the original box and contents). Will this be a problem if I upgraded it?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
The key is stored within the BIOS from the OEM, there should be no issues as long as you install the same version OS the laptop came with - Home, Pro, you may want to get in touch with the OEM if you're unsure... If by chance the OS needs to be activated it should be as easy as activating it online or calling MS. Generally, once the key has been typed in it is stored for the life of the device unless an upgrade in version is performed - from Home to Pro, etc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (4 Mbps)
The key is stored within the BIOS from the OEM, there should be no issues as long as you install the same version OS the laptop came with - Home, Pro, you may want to get in touch with the OEM if you're unsure... If by chance the OS needs to be activated it should be as easy as activating it online or calling MS. Generally, once the key has been typed in it is stored for the life of the device unless an upgrade in version is performed - from Home to Pro, etc.
I'm not certain but the laptop may have came with 8.1 and then used the free upgrade when it was available.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
The PC already has a Digital License, since it was already upgraded to windows 10 once before..
You just need to upgrade to windows 10 again..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB