8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.

The ID for the recovery partition type is incorrectly set to OEM.

- You need to manually select the partition and change the partition ID.
- Open a command prompt as administrator and type (or copy and paste) the following commands.

diskpart
select disk 0
list partition

select partition 1
set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

list partition
exit

reagentc /info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Hi, I have a great problem now I'm so frustrated.
I have Vaio laptop with the (assist) button. originally came with win 8. then it was upgraded to 8.1. only after my system nearly crashed i made a system image. Then i did several bad installations and finally wasn't satisfied with any of them. so i want to go back.
I try to hit the magic key -(assist) while the device is off- and surprise.. no reset option. I restored the crashed system image to use a healthy (i suppose) recovery drive to do the same. but same result. Could not find Vaio environment plah plah plah. I try from within the windows, but ended with inactivated installation. and not the original vaio one with the Vaio lable and background.

I searched the internet and found no place deals with this issues professionally like this thread.

Please check my reagentc /info ... It refairs to another partition other than the 33 GB which should contain the image.
before.jpg

then i tried to disable and enable reagentc and here is the result
after disable - enable reagentc.jpg

still referring to efferent wrong partition.
Kindly correct me if i'm on the wrong way to fix the issue to get back my original backup factory image. and advice the best way to do so.
Many thanks in Advance.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
Hi, I'm so frustrated to solve this problem. please help.
I have Vaio laptop ( with assist button) originally came with win 8. It was upgraded to 8.1.
only after my system nearly crashed i made a system image. Then I tried several installation ended all unsatisfactory. I decide to go back to the original factory system.
Turned off, then pressed Assisit button. but surprised by the fact that ( Vaio recovery failed) and couldn't find the reset option.
so i restored my crashed system image to restore my original restore partition (I assume) and tried the assist button with the same result. I tried from within the windows to reset the device to factory settings, but ended with inactivated installation of win 8.1 and.
I restored the crash system image again. and this is the reagentc /info with diskpart list.
before.jpg
As you see the path of the recovery image refers to another partition other than the 33 GB partition.
so I tried to disable and enable reagentc to see if it may fix the problem, but got even more missed up.
after disable - enable reagentc.jpg
Please help to retrieve my original win 8 installation. and point me in case i'm on the wrong path.
Thanks.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus CG8270 series
    CPU
    I7 - 3770
Also I don't get it, why i have recovery image index 2??

Usually the index number is either 1 or 2.

Partition 1 - OEM (260 MB) - Sony tools.
Partition 2 - Recovery (1474 MB) - Windows RE location (before Windows 8.1 update).
Partition 3 - System (260 MB) - EFI System partition
Partition 4 - Reserved (128 MB) - Note: This partition not visible within Windows Disk Management.
Partition 5 - Primary (895 GB)
Partition 6 - Recovery (450 MB) - Windows RE location (after Windows 8.1 update).
Partition 7 - Recovery (33 GB) - Recovery image location.

Code:
reagentc /disable

reagentc [b]/setreimage[/b] /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition[b][color=red]#[/color][/b]\Recovery\WindowsRE

reagentc [b]/setosimage[/b] /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition[b][color=red]#[/color][/b]\RecoveryImage [b]/index [b][color=red]#[/color][/b][/b]

reagentc /enable

reagentc /info

For example, try this.

- Open a command prompt as administrator and type (or copy and paste) the following commands.

reagentc /disable

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition6\Recovery\WindowsRE

reagentc /setosimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition7\RecoveryImage /index 1

reagentc /enable

reagentc /info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Oups, yes I made a mistake it's a Reserved Partition
But, why can't I expand it with Partition Wizard ?

Do not change the partition size!

The size of the partition is big enough.

Windows 10 UEFI-GPT.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Also I don't get it, why i have recovery image index 2??

Usually the index number is either 1 or 2.

Partition 1 - OEM (260 MB) - Sony tools.
Partition 2 - Recovery (1474 MB) - Windows RE location (before Windows 8.1 update).
Partition 3 - System (260 MB) - EFI System partition
Partition 4 - Reserved (128 MB) - Note: This partition not visible within Windows Disk Management.
Partition 5 - Primary (895 GB)
Partition 6 - Recovery (450 MB) - Windows RE location (after Windows 8.1 update).
Partition 7 - Recovery (33 GB) - Recovery image location.

Code:
reagentc /disable

reagentc [B]/setreimage[/B] /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition[B][COLOR=red]#[/COLOR][/B]\Recovery\WindowsRE

reagentc [B]/setosimage[/B] /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition[B][COLOR=red]#[/COLOR][/B]\RecoveryImage [B]/index [B][COLOR=red]#[/COLOR][/B][/B]

reagentc /enable

reagentc /info

For example, try this.

reagentc /disable

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition6\Recovery\WindowsRE

reagentc /setosimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition7\RecoveryImage /index 1

reagentc /enable

reagentc /info

Thanks for your help Genet. I tried but no success :(.
Trial #1.jpg

Please Advise.
Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
reagentc /setosimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition7\Sources /index 2

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition2\Recovery\WindowsRE

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
reagentc /setosimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition7\Sources /index 2

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition2\Recovery\WindowsRE

I tried this with the same result!! path was not found.
though when i re enabled reagentc the path of the reimage was already set to partition 2!!!!!
Any other solutions? can i browse these partitions to look for the correct path???

Many Thanks.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
I had similar problem as in the original post, which has been solved by following your instructions. Thank you genet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS K55N -DS81
    CPU
    AMD A8-4500M
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc
    Memory
    4GB
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my HP Envy m6-n113dx to Windows 10 and I have noticed that I get the 80070003 error when looking in the update history. From lots of headache and googling I have found myself in this forum.

From reading it, it looks like there might be a problem with the labels of my partitions but I don't think mine are caused by the partition program mentioned because I don't see any labels saying OEM.

Below is what I see when I run the DISKPART.EXE in the command prompt (run as administrator).

diskpart.jpg

I do see two primary drives, but I know that the 26gb partition is definitely not a primary drive and that it is definitely the restore partition.

I tried to run REAGENTC /info and this is what I get:

reagentc_info.jpg

As a side note, I did upgrade this pc from a standard hdd to an ssd which required the use of some partition tools and image copying software provided by Acronis.

Should I change the label of the 26gb primary to recovery as shown in previous pages? Could this be the root of all my problems in upgrading to Windows 10?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
edit: Please remove your email address from your post.

diskpart
select disk 0
list partition

select partition 2

select partition 5

list partition
exit

reagentc /info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Ok, fantastic. I have already done what you have directed me to do and reagentc /info now works.

I am attempting the Windows 10 upgrade once again. It takes a while, so I'll post again when it either completes or fails to let you know which it did.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I got a different error on the Windows 10 upgrade, but that's a different topic. Being I have a different error than last time, I will take that as a positive outcome, or progress!

As far as REAGENTC /INFO, my problem was resolved!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
No recovery partition

Trying to solve the Win 10 80070003 upgrade error lead me to this thread. I replaced the HDD in a new Dell ultrabook with a 512 GB SSD. I used OEM Acronis True Image that came with the SSD to clone the original drive, which was smaller. I created the System Recovery USB, and deleted the recovery partition on the drive. I then (unfortunately) used Easeus to resize the partitions and take advantage of the unallocated space (the 457 and 18 GB partitions). I get the dreaded error trying to upgrade to Win 10. Reagentc /info returns the Operation failed:3 error. Below is the list of my partitions. Do I need to restore the recovery partition, and if so, can I do that from the system recovery? (I still have the original hard drive, but I can't recall whether I deleted the recovery partition before or after I cloned it.) I'd appreciate advice. I don't entirely understand the Set ID commands, so I'd appreciate step-by-step guidance.

attachment.php

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
Back