Solved Windows 8.1 Recovery - Could not find recovery environment

By the way, I have the same warning msg on my other backup laptop too. as picture shown. I wondering why. reagentc_info.PNG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hi all

After a long wait to re-install windows 8, finally it back to fty setting.
However, one of the partition I still cannot extend from my C drive, as picture. partition.PNG
I wonder why.... Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
And Why my push-button reset has 15GB capacity? Is that normal?? I did some search it might be around 4GB.
1/ Can I delete it? or how can I shrink it.
2/ I use the EaseUS to check each drive, it shows the install.wim can merge to C drive, can I do that?
3/ If I do this way and reset to fty setting again. Will the install.wim create from fty setting itself?
Thanks for helping.
push-button.PNG

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.
Thanks. I found it hard to shrink the system drive more than half of its size on disk management tool.
Let said I want C Drive to be 350GB in my 1TB storage. I tried to use miniTool to make partition and the the same problem occurred again!(Could Not Find Recovery Environment)
I found the related post from other forum about the same problem.
Why Can't I Reduce Partition Size of C for more than 455GB? - Laptops - Windows 8
and this
https://mindwithheart.wordpress.com...-point-where-any-unmovable-files-are-located/
I do not know what's the other to make partition.
Any related post can help here? Thanks for helping.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Thanks for advice, You are legend!
I'm in doubt if I use this tool, would the recovery drives turn to OEM and the issue of "Could Not find Recovery Environment" again?
Maybe it is my bloody Acer laptop problem.

I using the solution from the WordPress site, it works fine, but somehow when I check the network diagnose, it said I have connectivity issue with internet.
Any ideas?? Maybe I can find in other post?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
@Buckethead:

I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 preinstalled.

If i use EaseUS Partition Master 10.5.

The ID for the recovery partitions type are incorrectly set to OEM and I get the error message: "Could not find the recovery environment".

If i use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.6.

Then everything is OK and Refresh/Reset work (see screenshots below).

Refresh your PC 1.png

Refresh your PC 2.png

Refresh your PC 3.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Cannot refresh laptop (win 8.1)

I almost have the same issue like this but what I want to do is just to refresh my PC.
I tried to go to the refresh option but getting the message "There was a problem refreshing your PC"
So I followed this thread and did almost of everything...I did the Recommended Configuration: System Recovery
however I do not have the partition for the EOM. I only have 5 partitions (Recovery, System, Reserved, Primary, Recovery) but I still followed the commands and tried to refresh afterwards but still did not work.
Also, I cannot do anything with my computer now (saving files, copying/transferring files to an external drive, some app are not working)
I desperately need help guys...Please please please.
Also, Im not much of a techie so please try not to talk too much jargons.
Thank.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire M5 Series
    CPU
    Core i
Reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
I have dell venue 8 pro which is 32 bit uefi and 32 bit windows 8.1. It also has problem of OEM partition type because of easus partition manager. Can I use the id given in the post 24 of genet in diskpart in 32 bit machine also?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8.1;OSX 10.10.3;vb with debian,ubuntu and Windows 10 TP
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus Vivobook S400CA
    CPU
    i5-3317U
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel4000
    Hard Drives
    HDD 500GB;24GB SSD Cache
for the recovery tools partition and the recovery image partition

set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

UEFI x86 and x64 (32/64 bit)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
for the recovery tools partition and the recovery image partition

set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

UEFI x86 and x64 (32/64 bit)

Thanks. I have used it in x64. I was having doubt x32.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8.1;OSX 10.10.3;vb with debian,ubuntu and Windows 10 TP
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus Vivobook S400CA
    CPU
    i5-3317U
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel4000
    Hard Drives
    HDD 500GB;24GB SSD Cache
Genet and Kyhi u people are legends. Really.. awesome. I was finding the solution for the same problem for atleast a month.. now would you help me little more on how to deploy my own recovery partition. I have OEM 8.1 Pro. My laptop Dell Inspiron had recovery partition which I unfortunately deleted while creating USB Recovery Media. I checked the option which asks to copy content from recovery partion. And after USB Recovery Media was created. I clicked on Delete Recovery Partiton. :( now I have recovery media on USB. I also have made a .Wim image of installed windows. Now can someone help me regarding deploying factory reset partion from the USB.. thanks alot guys.
Moreover. I also destroyed my windows recovery environment by using EaseUs software. Damn why its still being downloaded. Somehow there website should be blocked untill they fix the issue.. how many victims are already been made..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro OEM
Windows 10 installation error code 0x8007003

I have a home built desktop running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. I used Easus partition master to set up a dual boot with Win 10TP. I have now deleted the dual boot and have attempted a number of times to upgrade to Win 10 Pro 64bit. Each time I get the failure code 0x8007003.
Disk Manager shows Disk 0 partitions as follows:-

300MB (OEM Partition)
100MB Healthy (EFI System Partition)
(C:) 464GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
449MB Healthy (Recovery Partition)

From reading through this thread I believe that the 300MB (OEM Partition) needs to be renamed. But what to? Should it be System Reserved Partition or should it be Recovery Partition? And if someone could point me to the code to use I would be very grateful.
Keith

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Genet and Kyhi u people are legends. Really.. awesome. I was finding the solution for the same problem for atleast a month.. now would you help me little more on how to deploy my own recovery partition. I have OEM 8.1 Pro. My laptop Dell Inspiron had recovery partition which I unfortunately deleted while creating USB Recovery Media. I checked the option which asks to copy content from recovery partion. And after USB Recovery Media was created. I clicked on Delete Recovery Partiton. :( now I have recovery media on USB. I also have made a .Wim image of installed windows. Now can someone help me regarding deploying factory reset partion from the USB.. thanks alot guys.
Moreover. I also destroyed my windows recovery environment by using EaseUs software. Damn why its still being downloaded. Somehow there website should be blocked untill they fix the issue.. how many victims are already been made..

If you have the factory recovery image on USB - just boot from the USB - advanced options - reset pc

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB