Solved Windows 8.1 Mobile Intel Series 4 Graphics Drivers x64

bye

Windows 8.1 Mobile Intel Series 4 Graphics Drivers

I recently installed Windows 8.1 and it turned out that I could'nt find suitable drivers for the graphics card of my laptop which is GMA 4500, part of Mobile Intel Series 4. After a bit of reading, I found out that many others are also on the same ship as me.

Previously I tried the drivers from Intel Download Center and the modified drivers from eightforums but both of them gave me an error which read something like 'an error occurred while registering one or more components'.

Now that I have the right drivers, or at least right for my laptop, I am sharing them with others here.

I have successfully tested a software that requires OpenGL2.0 with these drivers and it works great!

NOTES

You most probably don't need a custom certificate installer! I did'nt need one. These drivers are digitally signed.

DRIVER DOWNLOAD

FOR 64 BIT WINDOWS
Mobile Intel Series 4 Driver x64

Version 15.15.3.64.1855
7z File(12.97mb) Link Dead
Archive Password: digitalamerica.us

FOR 32 BIT WINDOWS
Mobile Intel Series 4 Driver x86

Version 15.15.3.1855
7z File(15.52mb) Link Dead
Archive Password: digitalamerica.us

INSTALLATION

1. Unzip 7z archive
2. Run Setup.exe

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you run into an error telling you that you dont have the correct operating system(unlikely to occur), just run the Setup.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Enjoy & Cheers!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO
Installed this but still having some problems with graphics. Games are the best example. See attached images. Untitled1.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Installed this but still having some problems with graphics. Games are the best example. See attached images.View attachment 34012View attachment 34013View attachment 34014

Hey,

I see you have a really ugly problem there and I'll be honest I dont know what is causing this. In my case, I could even run PPSSPP smoothly with these drivers. Can you please tell me a few things:
What is you PC make/model?
What graphics card do you have?
Did you do a Windows 8.1 fresh install?
Did these games appear same on WDDM Drivers?
Did you install any other driver before these?

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO
Hey,
1) I have Acer Extensa 5630
2) It says I have Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
3) Yes, installed 8.1 on formatted disk.
4) Yea, it looks the same no matter what I try to install.
5) No, before yours I had the default WDDM 1.1 driver.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545/ Asus F5V
Thanks, but these drivers still doesn't solve the glitches. What's interesting is, when I uninstalled all the drivers, with the windows Basic Display Adapter (no driver) the graphics were fine, but, of course, unbearably laggy.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Newer driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18402 and for 32-bit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18400. These drivers are the last ones that may be installed on Windows 8/8.1 without having to disable driver signature enforcement or installing custom certificates. Just run the Setup.exe and you are good to go!

Yes these drivers are indeed newer but in my case I got an error in the installation and after searching, I found out many others were getting the same error.

Thanks, but these drivers still doesn't solve the glitches. What's interesting is, when I uninstalled all the drivers, with the windows Basic Display Adapter (no driver) the graphics were fine, but, of course, unbearably laggy.

The last I can tell is to test the Windows 7 Drivers from Acer for your laptop if you haven't already tested them. Here's the link from the Acer site:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...=EXTENSA 5630&OS=711&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 PRO
Back