Windows 8.1 login and black screen

Hey, I have followed your instruction correctly. But, still no luck :(
After logged in, it all went normal, but again it signed out, and no black screen after I logged in again, but it always signed out repeatedly. I thought it was the windows activation. But how to activate my windows? Any ideas?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    COMPAQ Presario V3000
    CPU
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60 GHz
    Motherboard
    n/a
    Memory
    2 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Express Chipset Family 386 MB
    Sound Card
    Connexant HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1280px X 800px
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba MO01ABD032 320 GB
    Mouse
    Logitech PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    Internet Speed
    n/a
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I don't have the C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-windowsuiimmersive_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16408_none_c6ca1a15ef5e5709 folder :( what should I do?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I found it at a different folder lol.

It does not have a blank screen anymore. My only problem now is it keeps signing my administrative account out. However, my guest account works perfectly.

I've also noticed I cannot replace 2 .dll files, it keeps telling me "You need to have permission from the TrustedInstaller" what should I do?

I have 2 different .dll files which were both modified the same time, I have used the bigger one.

the smaller one fails and is also the one which cannot be replaced. :) thank you so much for you help

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
But I have just one question: how do you all replace one file to another? I have the login screen and then there is the black screen with the cursor and I can't get access to explorer (files, folders and so on). Could you please give me some peace of advice about this problem? How to replace the files?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1
Hey
satyapermadi & DodotOrbon

make a backup of WTA folder in other drive and delete the folder(in c drive) and restart

if this solves your problem,do post me,i'll update in the forum :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 WMC
I have the same issue as well and ive tried everthing in this forum and still no luck, currently using task manger to open applications

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Hp
Hi,
After replacing the dll file the black screen issue will be solved,but you might be logged out of administrator account frequently,for that you could backup the Windows Activation Technologies folder and delete the one in c drive

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 WMC
I had this problem occur on my computer. I did not receive any error message, just a black screen. I contacted customer support and they wanted $250 to "re-write" the registry and "guaranteed" to get it working. After looking closer at my laptop I realized that even if i held down the power button it still was technically on because the light labeled by a light bulb was still staying on. I removed the battery and plugged in an Ethernet cord and the computer powered up. I chose to stick with windows 8 but I'm sure if you were dying for the update you could use the Ethernet cord method. Hope this helps!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I have this black screen only mouse cursor problem too, but i cannot open "Windows Explorer.exe". And if I goto "Task Manager" and I click "New Task" then nothing happens. If I try to "Open file location" then it gives me an error like this: sshot-1.pngAnd if I try opening the "Windows Explorer" in "cmd.exe" then it gives me error like this:
sshot-2.png If I press Windows logo + E on my keyboard then also nothing happens. First time when I installed the windows 8.1 then it was okay about 5 seconds. After that my screen was like this:130985.jpgThen my PC suddenly restarted and when I logged on then the screen was black. Is there any solutions for this?? I don't want to install new windows, so someone please help me. I'm very thankful for any response.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional / Windows 7 Ultimate
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core I5 2570k
    Motherboard
    Asus
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Leadtek 260 Extreme+
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung Syncmaster B2240
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Keyboard
    Logitech Ultra Flat Keyboard
    Mouse
    R.A.T 5
    Internet Speed
    Down: 3.2 MB/s Up: 760 KB/s
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Eset Antivirus 7
Hi,
I too faced the same problem, i found out there are 2 possible solutions

Solution 1 : Reinstall the video driver in safe mode

if solution 1 doesn't work then

Solution 2 : Replacing Windows.UI.Immersive.dll file

Step 1 : go to system32 subfolder in Windows folder (typically
C:\Windows\System32)

Step 2 : Find the Windows.UI.Immersive.dll,check for Date Created attribute(if it is in October 2012,you may have to replace with the recent one)

Step 3 : Goto WinSxS subfolder in Windows folder,search for
Windows.UI.Immersive.dll(which is newer version) ](i found it in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-windowsuiimmersive_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16408_none_c6ca1a15ef5e5709)

Step 4: Replace the older file with the newer one in system32 folder

Step 5: there is a hidden folder called Windows Activation Technologies in root drive(usually
C:\Windows Activation Technologies),replace the older file in the above folder too.
Then restart,
hopefully this solves your problem

Source :
Blank Screen after Installing Windows 8.1? - Microsoft Community

Worked for me..Thank you very much .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Very good info. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14