Solved Windows 8.1 - Can't restore back to Windows 8

You can update after you restore the image.

Point 6 in the post above.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
What looks strange to me about all this is you can restore an System Image (Windows 8 using Windows 8 recovery media) without any keys and it is already activated and ready to go, assuming you made the image after you activated.

That image can be put on a clean hard drive, so some of the problems that seem to have been encountered in this thread do not make sense. It may not want to re-image a Windows 8 image to a hard drive with 8.1 already on it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
This post is closed. I've fixed the problem myself. The thread continued because A12240 started it again. He/she should have searched this forum first for tutorials or opened a new thread.

CLOSED. No more comments please as query resolved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
If your query is resolved, fine. Someone else has asked a question.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
question for siw2

Went to mount the .vhd file from my windowsimagebackup file and found that there were 3 total .vhd files to chose from (I'm using a Samsung Windows 8 tablet). I'm assuming the largest is the one that I should be mounting, correct?
When I image the mount of the .vhd and restore it, is there any chance of messing up the two other recovery images that appear to be on my c: drive when I look at the disk management screen?
I don't want to do anything that might not let me get back to square one if I need to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung
    CPU
    Atom
    Antivirus
    windows defender