Solved Win10 download auto-resume from where it left off?

m3110w

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a new Win8.1 laptop and then installing Win10. Where I live the internet (3G cellular) is slow and unreliable. The Win10 download is about 3-6GB.

Let's say I'm downloading Win10 and then my internet connection fails in the middle of the download. Then a few minutes later my net connection comes back on line. Will I lose all the data that was download and have to start over? Or will the Win10 download auto-resume from where it left off with no data loss?

Any one have any direct experience with this? Thanks,

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
updated info

Hi All,

I just called Microsoft India and they said if I use the Window 10 Upgrade System Tray Icon to do the download then it will auto-resume with no data loss if the internet connection fails. She said if I try to download Win 10 Upgrade some other way then it does not have auto-resume and I'll lose the data and have to start over.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? Thanks!

I have 3G cellular internet here in India and it is unreliable and slow and often drops out. So auto-resume is an absolute necessity if I want to successfully upgrade to Win10.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
problem with the icon and windows updates method.. Is if the upgrade fails - it is a constant re-download of the software..

Save yourself a lot of trouble download the ISO

tool 1 > Tech Bench

tool 2 > Windows 10

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
problem with the icon and windows updates method.. Is if the upgrade fails - it is a constant re-download of the software..
Save yourself a lot of trouble download the ISO tool 1 > Tech Bench tool 2 > Windows 10

OK, let me make sure I understand. You're saying if I successfully download Win10 and then do the upgrade and then if the upgrade fails I have to download Win10 all over again? It seems that yes, that is true. Pretty obvious.

But my question is if the Win10 download fails in the middle can I auto-resume with no data loss. Do you have any knowledge about that?

If tool 1 and tool 2 do not have auto-resume, then it will be impossible for me to download them due to my slow and unreliable internet connection (3G cellular in India).

The Microsoft India support person said that ISO download does not have auto-resume. That means downloading the ISO will be impossible due to my slow and unreliable internet connection (3G cellular in India).

Any way to download the ISO with auto-resume capability?

Thanks, Kind Regards,

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Then use what you got.. Just let it upgrade itself

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop