Solved Win 8 AMD Switchable Graphics FAQ

lol well folks what ever you do don’t use the update in device manager lolol, I just did it for the hell of it to see what it would find, well it did update the intel and it didn’t change much, but when I did the Radeon man o man lol it updated alright, but it all went black, when I did re start it only used my laptop display and not the external monitor, I checked device manager and it had some 6700 series driver installed , geezze, so I ended up doing a roll back to previous driver, that re did it, and even re did the intel driver. Sooo bottom line is just use SP59850 for now, or this leshcat stuff if it works for you.

This is on my HP dv7t-6c00 with the HP OEM radeon 7690m xt and the Intel 3000 gpu, AMD does NOT support these radeon gpus with drivers, so best to stay with SP59850, or this leshcat stuff if that works for you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7690M XT (6770m) /Intel 3000
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Hitichi 750g 5400 rpm Laptop
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
leshcat works, but you don't have brightness control, at least not me. Hp drivers sp59850 are the most stable drivers and everything is working. I don't game, so I stay with them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
leshcat works, but you don't have brightness control, at least not me. Hp drivers sp59850 are the most stable drivers and everything is working. I don't game, so I stay with them.

I hear ya homes, same here.............

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
I have read through this thread and I cant seem to get mine working at all!

I have a HP envy with a Intel HD 4000 onboard and a Radeon HD 7670M, win8 64bit

I purchased my laptop in December and only just found out it has never ran on the Radeon 7670M.

I have tried updating drivers for Radeon 7670m in device manager. Still dxdiag display shows intel 4000. In catalyst control and Configure switchable graphics all I can do is assign high performance or low performance to .exe files. If I assign high to dxdiag.exe it still does not work. I have tried disabling the on board card and dxdiag then shows microsoft basic display driver and then I get a error message after a while saying AMD drivers are not install or running correctly please install. I have tried uninstalling 76070 from device manager, and uninstalling with the AMD driver installation files. Rebooted, tried installed drivers from AMD and HP and still does not work. It seems to have this switchable function that does not work. Someone on HP forum said to try the older drivers on the HP site. I have done that and still exactly the same issue.

I have tried installing the Intel drivers as well but still does not work. Another suggestion was to go into BIOS and turn switchable graphics to 'fixed' but I don't have that option. I updated the BIOS from HP site but still have no option to do that in mine. I have tried installing many versions of AMD catalyst as someone who had it said there's shows switchable graphics and then gives them the option for high performance GPU or low performance GPU and shows you your current GPU that is being used but mine only shows options to assign high or low performance to .exe files which if you assign high or low it still uses the on board Intel 4000 card. I have tried different versions of AMD catalyst, drivers and what not and nothing seems to work. Please can someone help me with this.

I have the exact same problem with the same steps, except I never tried putting DX on High Performance and I have a Samsung laptop (NP350V5C), but the hardware is the same.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

Don't know 100% on this, but I have seen where ppl with that setup have downloaded the latest AMD driver from the AMD download page, and the latest Intel Driver and they say it installed fine.

I can't do that myself with this 7690m xt and Intel 3000.

Guess you could try it if nothing else seems to work.

here is a copy of what this kid said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valter Z Oct 28, 2013 10:05 am I can confirm that switchable graphics is working on Samsung NP350 V5C (AMD HD7670 + Intel HD4000) using Windows 8.1 and AMD Catalyst Mobility 13.9 driver.
Firstly I updated Intel HD4000 driver via Windows Update, than installed AMD Catalyst Mobility 13.9 WHQL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OR if you want to try a 3rd party driver here is this leshcat's driver

Leshcat?s Catalyst 13.9 WHQL Public Testing Update 2 ? leshcatlabs.net

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunely neither of them worked. I currently have the Leschcat drivers (i think... how do I know for sure if they're installed though?)

The weird thing is Photoshop recognizes the AMD. Is there a way I can put directx into the configurable graphics? Maybe that's got something to do with it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bits
    Computer type
    Laptop
    mottagraphy
    CPU
    mottagraphy
    Motherboard
    mottagraphy
    Memory
    mottagraphy
    Graphics Card(s)
    mottagraphy
    Browser
    mottagraphy
    Antivirus
    mottagraphy
Hey i have HP Probook 4540s with me..It has got Intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon 7650M...two days back i installed a game.. Obviously the game freezed...and what followed was a tragic thing....suddenly others games started to run very slow...and i happened to see the device manager. It gave code 43 error for both my graphics cards. I restored my system to other restore point. still nothing happened...please i want a solution for this...someone pls help me....:(
Also before that....when i installed that game..it dint work.i googled and found that i had to type a code in cmd...that was " bcedit/Increaseuserva 3072 "....does it have something to do with this or is here any other problem....and another note...when i right click in desktop before this problem, i used to get two options
i) Catalyst control center
ii) something like adjustable graphics card options...(it has got something to do with the switchable graphics...)
Now after this problem , am not getting the second option....and when i click the first option it says " Catalyst control center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using catalyst control center."
With this am posting screenshots of code 43 error display in the device manager....
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Probook 45450s
    CPU
    Core i5 processor
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 , AMD Radeon 7650M
MSI clock

OK well let me start by saying I have, (HAD) this "7690m xt" and Intel 3000.

Had time today and decided to image my drive just in case, before I started to dig into this driver stuff myself., decided to go the route that the Sony kid did, just install the drivers "WITH OUT" removing anything, in other words I left my OEM sp59850 driver alone.

I installed the Intel driver, did the reboot thing, and of course had the black screen at first, but after a min it configured itself and I was up, I than installed the AMD beta 13.11.9.4 (again OVER the one installed) it gave me some sort of error message box, I clicked OK, and waited, it took a couple sec but than continued to install, I re booted as it wanted and was up and running. No BOSD's at all, no error messages so far, put it to sleep and woke it up, no problem, I ran through most of what I use and a few "normal" games, I really see no difference, but hy the damned drivers are updated, smirks.

BTW I DID NOT go through all this mess of setting a damned thing in the boot edit or anything else I just installed the damned driver AS IS, OVER my HP installed driver, AS IS.

So I have NO idea what it did or how its working, but so far I have no problems, its running as well as before, I can not use the laptop keyboard brightness controls ie f2 for lower and f3 for higher brightness, but that wasn't working with sp59850 HP driver either. I have the Intel graphics control panel in my task bar I can use to set that if needed. I also opened the CCC, to see what changed, nothing changed, all settings are there as before, BTW I see no brightness control there either anyway.

My system is set to "FIXED" I never changed that, and it uses ONLY the Radeon card while "plugged in", ONLY if I go to "battery" does it switch to Intel. It was set this way before installing the drivers, and is working as usual after installing them.

Only difference I see is in device manager, the system now see's this 7690m xt as a 6700 series, CPUID see's it as the 6770m, which is what it is at its core anyway I knew that, its HP's BS. The specs are still the same, no changes to the MHz. It doesn't make any difference to me what the hell its listed as, as long as the drivers are "updateable" from now on, even though its going to be a 2 step process now.

Sooo looks like this system of installing these "non OEM" drivers will work after all, but as I said I DID NOT UN INSTALL anything, I just installed right over my HP driver (sp59850) the last driver for W8, maybe there's something in the OEM driver package code that remains in tact, I don't know and removing ALL removes that part too so the new drivers don't work right, just a theory is all.

Just take note that I did this on MY Windows 8.1 Pro x64 system, NOT W7, so I don't know if this way would work on W7 or not, you could do a image backup and try it.

Don't know if all that helps , but just wanted to add my experience for what ever its worth. I don't know if I need to change my profile from the 7690m xt now to the 6770m or not lolol.

It can also be OC'd with MSI, as U see it shows the card as 6700 series now, not the 7690m xt, but all settings and specs remain the same.

Attachments

• MSI Clock.jpg
    MSI Clock.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
To Update or Not To Update...?

HP Pavilion dv6t – 6100 CTO series Notebook PC LM328AV#ABA
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center © 2013 Microsoft Corporation All right reserved
Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408
Bios Version/Date: Hewlett-Packard F.1B, 10/5/2011
Bios Mode: Legacy

Processor: Intel® Core(TM) I7-2720QM CPU © 2.20GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bir Operating System, x64-based processor

AMD Radeon HD 6490M Series, running AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series
Driver Version: from (9.0.0.) to 9.12.8.0) 2/11/2013
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Driver Version: (9.17.10.3347) 10/31/2013

Catalyst Control Center v2012.0815.2143.37180 (Not Working)

current ccc.JPG

Current Version.JPG

AMD 6400 series.JPG

Intel WiDi.JPG

Intel® WiDi Version: 4.3.3.0

Current Push2TV Adapter: Netgear P2TV 2000 (Will NOT work beyond Intel WiDi update 3.0.1.13)

My current system’s configuration works flawlessly with older versions of both the HP provided AMD & Intel Driver Package sets such as, AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver_sp59147 or AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver_sp59850. The above mentioned HP provided driver packages each work great on my system under both a Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (OS) Operating System environment.

However, I recently decided to update my Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) driver in order to make it compatible with the new Netgear Push2TV 3000 adapter I recently purchased. I had been using an older model of the Netgear adapter while using WiDi. But I could not update my graphics driver or even wireless network drivers beyond that point to ensure my WiDi would continuing working.

Any real gaming on this system was never really a consideration for me from the time I purchased this system. However, I would like to take full advantage of every feature it had at the time I purchased it, regardless of whether I update the OS. I can neither use WiDi nor even play a simply Angry Birds Rio game right now. The Intel graphics is the only one of the two GPU’s available to me right now. The AMD Catalyst Control Center is installed, but not working. I have no way of controlling the two currently installed GPU's in order for them to work in tandem as they should. As you know, HP never intended for my particular Laptop to be supported beyond Windows 7, so I’m limited as to what I can do.

I’ve tried many different system configurations using mostly HP drivers for similarly configured systems to mine that were pre-configured to run Windows 8. The problem is, I’m now running Windows 8.1 and Intel continually releases new update for their WiDi feature in seemingly rapid succession. Each new release seems to require the latest Graphics drivers to be installed.

I ‘m cool with not having switchable graphics enable on my system, but I would like to be able to enable it when I need it.

Is there anyone out there who has managed to find an HP AMD graphics driver package that contains the latest Intel graphics driver v.16? I’d be willing to even try a Leschcat solution, but not at the expense of my 8.5 hour battery life (both the 6 and 9 cell) or the cool sense thermal and noise control. A clean install also isn’t an option for me. It is way too much work trying to find the most current and correct drivers for everything.

Can anyone help me find a reasonable solution?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center © 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-2720QM @ 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD + Radeon(TM) HD 6490M
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    IE 11 & Firefox Nightly28.0a1
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite

Hello Hoody,

It's been a while! My thanks to you for responding, but I actually found a fix just after I posted. I rightly decided to go with Alpha's post suggestion. I uninstalled all my previous graphics drivers (using Treezy's "Driver Fusion Pro) and did a clean install of HP's AMD graphics driver package sp59850.

Then, once installed, I updated both the Intel & AMD drivers of the HP driver package using the AMD's AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7 package. I did a custom install over the HP's sp59850 driver package, optioning not to update the Catalyst Control Center from the sp59850 driver package by HP.

My switchable Graphics work just like it did straight from the box. So I now have both the latest AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series driver, which, ironically, is the same driver that Windows Update service kept replacing the AMD Radeon HD 6490M driver that is contained in the previously installed sp59850 package provided by HP. I'm pleased to tell you I now have everything working as it should on a system on which HP never intended to have Windows 8.1 running. And I'm using their software to do it, in part anyway.

I'm a very happy camper right now! (However, there seems to be something weird going on with the light on my touch pad. It keeps dimming on one side, for some unknown reason, which was never a problem before this latest update.) Oh well... We can't have it all, right?

You guys have been a big help to me by keeping up with all the latest updates and workarounds. It makes finding an appropriate fix for this problem much easier than having to scouring through all the garbage a$# posts being posted all over the net concerning this HP-Intel / AMD debacle. I feel just like a dirty whore every time I even think about having bought this system. They just took my money, stuck me with this piece of crap and moved onto to the NEWER BETTER model (HP-Intel / NVidia).

That last part was meant to be funny, so before anyone takes offense, don’t take offense.

Thanks,
MKeezy

P.S., Did you every makeup your mind to upgrade your own DV7, was it?

Here are a few screenshots of my now working switchable graphics:

ccc updated.JPGdevice man.JPG
Note: The little yellow triangles have disappeared from my AMD graphics driver.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
UPDATED! - 15 Feb 2013

Firstly, how do I get it working?

NEW: First, read through the list of current options (Feb 2013). More details and history below...

Long story short, download the latest OEM Windows 8 drivers (e.g. for HP, by finding your model on 24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products | HP® Support, or using the NotebookReview: HP Drivers and Software Forum).

For other OEM Support see the Intel OEM Support websites and AMD Global OEMs pages.

Also, be sure to CHECK if you NEED TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS - see HP's Consumer Notebooks and Windows 8 - Overview of BIOS updates and this updated post for HP Windows 8 Support pages, options and updates on new HP drivers!

Alternatively, you could use the latest Leshcat (3rd party, community-supported) driver (see the end of this post for instructions).

If you THEN want the latest AMD versions, proceed to upgrade them after installing one of the above, using the AMD Catalyst 12.10 and/or AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta releases. To get the best of both worlds, mix and match like this but ONLY if you know what you are doing (see here for more info).

If you are having (Code 43) errors with your AMD Radeon, i.e. “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”, then the fix is to load AMD-signed Intel driver in Device Manager. For more details see this post, and this post on how to fix.

If you are upgrading from other drivers, see this post, option 3. Same goes for uninstalling any of the solutions here.​

To get Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi) working on Windows 8, see my post here.

What is Intel HD Graphics + AMD Radeon HD Switchable Graphics?

Essentially, this is a notebook with an Intel CPU with built-in HD Graphics technology, as well as an additional AMD HD Radeon GPU.

This is different from the AMD Hybrid graphics (AMD APU or CPU + GPU) and AMD Dual Graphics (2 x AMD Radeon HD) and AMD Desktop solutions.

See also the More Info (related posts) section below.

How does it work?

It uses a custom driver from the notebook manufacturer or a custom-built driver by other 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party for the Intel GPU, which is installed via the AMD Catalyst Installation Manager (CIM). AMD switchable features are managed via the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and packaged together with the AMD Display Driver, HDMI Audio driver, etc. Both drivers (Intel and AMD) carry AMD version numbering.

See also the More Info (related posts) section below.

What does it look like?

See HP’s Support documentation below.

Can I get this to work on Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Yes, absolutely. The notebook manufacturers’ (OEM) drivers should work fine. Also, there are (unofficial) custom 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party options that enable additional features and API support. There are also reports of improved performance (for some) with these unofficial drivers, however few (see below) claim compatibility with (or support for) Windows 8 at this point.

Can I get this working with Windows 8
[*] Preview (* = Developer, Consumer, Release)?

Until recently, no. See below for the current best answer.

There were unconfirmed reports of success using the following alternatives:

1. Installing Windows 7 drivers using Windows 8 Compatibility Mode.
  2. Using a custom-signed (via WinDDK) CAT, modified INF driver to support specific PCI vendor and hardware IDs.
  3. Installing Intel and/or AMD Windows 8 Beta/Preview drivers.
  4. Suspending and resuming after installing new drivers to enable PnP detection to fix
    “black” screen and/or Code 10/Code 43 issues.
  5. Installing 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party drivers.
  6. Any or all the above methods combined.

Previously, the only confirmed (and supported) working method is to switch the graphics adapter in the BIOS from Dynamic Mode to Fixed Mode (see “What does it look like?” above for HPs). This means that one graphics card will be disabled; this will likely also require the latest system BIOS from the specific notebook manufacturer in order to support this feature.

If using this method, the Windows 8 Preview drivers from Intel or AMD will also need to be installed to support whichever is the active graphics adapter.

UPDATE: As of 10/2012, HP, AMD, and Leshcat (3rd party) have Switchable Graphics drivers that include support for Switchable Graphics (a.k.a. AMD Mobility). These drivers enable support for AMD PowerPlay (Dynamic Switchable Graphics), PowerXpress (PX), and Enduro 5.5 support on Windows 8.

Why did (most of) these alternatives not work?

Presumably (best guess) because Windows 8 AMD Switchable Graphics is not yet supported by Intel/AMD/OEM notebook manufacturers. Few (if any) OEMs have drivers or support for Windows 8
[*] Preview for their notebooks.

Note that on Windows 7, the Intel HD Graphics driver is bundled with the AMD CIM/CCC package above, signed by AMD for x64 (i.e. Device Manager says “Intel HD Graphics 3000”, Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Version: 8.882.2.3000) and uses custom AMD CCC components (MOMProxy*?) to install/integrate the two drivers.

Current drivers for Windows 8
[*] (10/2012, **LIMITED AMD MOBILITY SWITCHABLE SUPPORT STARTING WITH CATALYST 12.9 BETA**):

What else did not work on Windows 8
[*] Preview, and why?

Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).

On AMD switchable systems, it seems that Intel WiDi uses the AMD card (secondary display) as the Wireless Display. I have had some success using newer/custom signed Intel drivers on Windows 8 together with the Intel Wireless driver 14.x/15.x and WiDi software version 3.x (i.e. audio worked, but black video on WiDi settop box output to TV).

Intel WiDi UPDATE:

This Intel Blog post from May 2012 states that official WiDi support will come in Windows 8 with WiDi 3.5 and WiFi/MWT 15.5, due to the new WHQL certification process. It also suggests that specific versions (i.e. WiDi 3.0.13 and WiFi/MWT 15.1.1) can be used as a temporary workaround.

Recent tests with AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta and UniFL using the latest WiDi drivers for Intel Wireless (15.2.0_s64), My WiFi Dashboard (15.2.0_s64) and WiDi (Setup 3.1.29.0) allow intermittent connections to work (audio and video good, but unable to maintain the WiDi connection for more than 2 minutes) on Windows 8 Release Preview.

OLD: Also, see NotebookReview's driver listings by model for the latest Intel WiDi updates for HP notebooks. (currently WiDi 3.5.*, which supports Miracast and USB over WiDi - WiUSB, and more).

UPDATE: To get Intel Wireless Display working on Windows 8, see my post here.

[* DRIVER UPDATE *]: Windows 8 RTM/Release (Build 9200) and higher
:

Unlike the AMD Catalyst Software Suite 12.8 drivers of 15-Aug-2012, as of AMD Catalyst Software Suite 12.9 dated 26-Sep-2012 official limited support for Switchable Graphics (AMD Mobility*) IS INCLUDED in the form of a reference driver:

See the last tables at AMD Catalyst? Software Suite Version 12.9 Beta Release Notes

As of right now, Intel's HD Graphics 3000/2000 and 4000/2500 driver version is 15.28.7.64.2867 (9.17.10.2867), dated 02-Oct-2012:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

For HP owners (Intel HD Graphics + AMD Radeon HD), THERE ARE CURRENTLY official HP Windows 8 downloads (see links below). However, other alternatives may CONTINUE to be available after Windows 8's October 26, 2012 release date (Messages 105 to 109+ on this HP Support Forum post), including "unofficial" driver support from the user community, partly because of the expected likelihood of frequent updates from Intel and/or AMD continuing into 2013.

[/! \] Unofficial Drivers (WARNING: use with caution - community support ONLY!)

• Leshcatlabs.net are now Windows 8-compatible (as of Catalyst 12.8 WHQL UnifL for ATi+Intel Graphics, a.k.a. 12.8 WHQL UnifL Release v 5.1 - see below)
  • asder00 (AMD Catalyst 12.x 9.001 September 4 and later) with support for AMD Enduro Switchable Graphics (see below)
  • Others on Guru3D, Benchmark3D (specifically 7900MOD), elsewhere (Google?)

Latest AMD for Vista/Win7/Win8 (WARNING: Does not include [AMD-signed] Intel HD Graphics driver [required!], for AMD Radeon 5000 Series and higher)

Latest HP drivers (both Intel + AMD Switchable integrated)

Latest Intel HD Graphics for Win7/Win8: (WARNING: Does NOT support AMD Switchable Graphics or Enduro; for Intel-only support and WiDi)

• WARNING: Installing this driver may result in Device Manager (Code 43) error (scroll to the top for more info) and loss of AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) functionality
  • Click here to search the Intel Download Center

GENERAL NOTE: The FIRST Intel WHQL release for Windows 8 seems to be 15.28.8.2875 (9.17.10.64.2875); the latest HP drivers use 9.17.10.2817 or 9.17.10.2847 AFAIK. (as does AMD Catalyst 12.10 and 12.11 Beta4, in part - not sure about Beta 6 or higher)

More Info (related posts)

Minimal Steps for installing Leshcat's (Unofficial) Catalyst 12.9 Sep4 UnifL PT v0.5 for NEW USERS

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features (Win8), select AMD Catalyst Install Manager, click Change and select "Express Uninstall ALL AMD..."
  2. Run Treexy Driver Fusion (download and install first) and select both AMD Display and Intel Display, then click Delete to remove any leftover components
  3. Run UnifL Configuration Tool (UCT) until you get to the Main Menu, select UnifL Tools button, and install DSE first, then the Certificate (optional)
  4. Rerun UnifL Configuration Tool (UCT) and click the Manual button, to verify steps for your specific installation have been completed
  5. Lastly, run UnifL Configuration Tool (UCT) and click the Next button.

For users already running UnifL, see the update instructions in the Manual (button) on the Main Menu.

UPDATE: The new UnifL Manual is now available online, along with Catalyst 13.2 Beta5 UnifL. The generic process with screenshots is here - please read ALL the comments on the Driver's download/release page.

What is the BEST ANSWER?

NEW: For a brief synopsis of the options, see this Feb2013 post (also linked above). See this post and this post for the latest update and details.

Before the Windows 8 release (26 October, 2012), options were:

1. Use the official HP drivers (based on older Intel/AMD software, see UPDATE 2 below)
  2. Use 3rd party drivers (Leshcat, others)
  3. Mix-and-match the above with AMD (official/Beta) drivers (see UPDATE 1)

Previously, the best solution was to install Leshcat's UnifL as above, then Update with AMD's latest Enduro 5.5 (Catalyst Beta) driver. Option 1 + Option 3 could be viable as well...further testing will determine the final answer.

[UPDATE 1:] The official AMD Catalyst 12.10 and 12.11 Beta (preferred) drivers (both are on the same link) are now available for download. They still depend on a separate Intel driver (see here for details, and why this applies to 64-bit systems).

[UPDATE 2:] HP has released official updates to its drivers. These drivers are integrated Intel + AMD (i.e. all-in-one), but they are based on versions older than what Intel and AMD currently provide. NotebookReview has compiled driver listings by model - see the "Sticky" posts here.​

Comments/updates welcome!

Hello Alpha,

I used the clean re-install of the HP spI actually found a fix just after I posted. I rightly decided to go with Alpha's post suggestion. I uninstalled all my previous graphics drivers (using Treezy's "Driver Fusion Pro) and did a clean istall of HP's AMD graphics driver package sp59850.
Then, once installed, I updated both the Intel & AMD driver using the AMD's AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7 package. I did a custom install of that over the HP's sp59850 driver package, optioning not to update the Catalyst Control Center from the sp59850 driver package by HP.

My switchable Graphics work just like it did straight from the box. So I now have both the latest AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series driver, which, ironically, is the same driver that Windows Update service kept replacing the AMD Radeon HD 6490M driver that is contained in the previously installed sp59850 package provided by HP. I'm pleased to tell you I now have everything working as it should on a system on which HP never intended to have Windows 8.1 running. And I'm using their software to do it, in part anyway.

I'm a very happy camper right now! (However, there seems to be something wierd going on with the light on my touch pad. It keeps dimming on one side, for some unknown reason, which was never a problem before this latest update.) Oh well... We can't have it all, right?

You guys have been a big help to me by keeping up with all the latest updates and workarounds. It makes finding an appropriate fix for this problem much easier than having to scouring through all the garbage a$# posts being posted all over the net concerning this HP-Intel / AMD debacle.

Thanks,
MKeezy

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
yeah sup,

well I still have my DV7t-6c00, it has a lot of good hardware, other than this idiotic graphics setup. I'll be keeping it for a while yet I have it running on W8.1 Pro with no problems now. But my next laptop when I decide its time will ONLY be Gforce, they have their switchable stuff in order. But to be fair, so does AMD, "IF" you have one of their actual "supported" cards, NOT these cheap ass OEM manufacturer knockoff's.

If you read my posts on leshcat's site I posted, you'll see I just took a chance and installed the latest AMD beta driver 13.11.9.4 and the newest Intel driver 3347, right over my installed SP59850, no major bs efforts, no uninstalling and all that, I just wanted to see if it would take, I never thought it would, but some people on leashcat's site did it that way and it worked for them, mostly it was people with te 6770m, and since this 7690m xt was just a 6770 at its core anyway I decided to go ahead and satisfy my curiosity. of course I made a full Image backup just in case prior.

So anyway both drivers installed, all is working, even the latest CCC. I had a slight ping when I forst installed the Intel, the system hung for a few sec on a black screen while re booting, and I thought here we go, but it went through the process and took, good thing I had a bit of patience lol and didn't hit the off button. After I seen it was running OK with that driver installed I went ahead and installed the AMD driver, it also gave me some sort of error box I just clicked OK and it kept right on installing. I don't game either, at least not the BF stuff, I just wanted to update my damned drivers is all.

btw I kept it set to "fixed" mode, and no problems, I use the Radeon ( now listed as a 6700 series) while plugged in, it switches to Intel when I use the battery only. So for now I will continue to use this HP and install what ever MS comes out with until it quits lol.

As for that touch pad thing, its another weird animal, mine just went out altogether, once it flickered and came back on for a while, but then went out again, so far its stayed out, no matter if I try the fn+space bar thing or not, so I'm not sure what the deal is on that, even the little red/orange light is off, the one you tap to stop the mouse pad if you want to. Anyway that has no real effect on the overall operation of the thing.

(off topic: btw where in IN are u? my father was from Sullivan, and my sister lives in Indy, I seem to have a lot of relatives there.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
Windows 8 Switchable Gaphics: Intel Wireless Display

Intel Wireless Display Not Working - AMD/Intel switchable graphics Windows 8 and 8.1

I recently spent about three days researching and troubleshooting the seemingly wide spread problem of certain features on my HP Pavilion DV6T-6100 CTO Entertainment Laptop PC either failing to work properly or not at all after upgrading from the pre-installed Windows 7 Home Edition x64 bit OS to both Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro Edition OS. I guess I could have lived with most of the performance bug the upgrades seem to cause like, losing the ability to switch between the factory pre-installed AMD discrete graphics and the embedded Intel graphics at will due to compatibility issues with the AMD Catalyst Control Center application failing to migrate intact. I'm not a gamer so that particular issue was not a deal breaker for me. However, I just absolutely hated the idea of not being able to have what I paid for when I bought my system from HP, which was "Switchable Graphics" and the "Wireless Display" feature. Those two things were in fact selling points for me as to why I decided to buy this particular system.

I found a work-around of work-around to the Intel WiDi issue, but at a cost. My Catalyst control Center is no longer functioning, which means I'm stuck with having to rely on just the latest version of Intel v.9.17.10.3347 graphics, v.4.3.3.0 WiDi and v16.5.3 Intel Wireless ProSet to meet all my graphics and entertainment needs. However, I'm not experiencing any ill side effect from not being able to switch between GPUs, since gaming on this system was never my intention anyway. There's no overheating, system crashing, excessive fan noise, etc...

I began by un-installed all the Intel software and drivers from my system. Then, I applied the latest Intel wireless driver for my Intel Centrino Wireless N adapter. Intel WiDi "WILL NOT" work, if your graphics driver is a great deal more recent version than you WiFi driver version.

Intel® Wireless Display

Once my WiFi driver was updated to the latest version I could then simply use the Intel Wireless Display Update tool to get the most recent and compatible versions for my graphics adapter, along with the latest WiDi software and Wireless ProSet software for Windows 8.

Intel® WiDi Update Tool

Remember, I recently purchased a new Netgear WiDi adapter that seems to work best with the latest Intel hardware and software such as, the new 3rd and 4th Generation Intel Core processors, which all use the most recent Intel software versions. I really wasn't expecting the upgrade of my Intel stuff to play well with the old and maxed out AMD stuff installed on my system. I don't know if Leschcat might come up with some way to package the latest Intel and AMD software and drivers in an update package that will allow all of us system owners with AMD/Intel switchable graphics to enjoy every feature we paid for when we purchased, but for now I consider this an acceptable solution.

That said, I was able to migrate from the factory installed Windows 7 OS platform to the most current Windows 8.1 OS platform and still have the ability to use the one feature I considered to be the most important selling point for buying this system.

Recap:
1. Download Intel Centrino Wireless N 1000 adapter driver to version 16.1.1 [Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe (Driver Only)]
2. Run [Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe (Driver Only)] to update your Intel® Centrino® Wireless N 1000 adapter driver to version 16.1.1
3. Restart
4. Go to: Intel® Wireless Display support page.
5. Download the Intel WiDi Update Tool
6. Run the Intel WiDi Update Tool (Be sure to view the updates the tool selects be installed)
7. You're done!
Intel® Wireless Display​

The Intel WiDi Update Tool will first download, then install any updates for any Intel components that yet to be updates at that point. Your system will restart once during the process in order to install the last of what should be three updates. Restart you system on last time to save the change. You're all done!!! However, Your AMD software and ability to switch between GPU's will no longer function. You can simply download the latest AMD graphics driver to appease your device manager's sensibilities and go on as usual. This is an acceptable solution to the issues of upgrading you operating system for those of you like me who use your system primarily for the purpose of watching movies and video editing.

[However, I realize this is not an acceptable solution for those of you who use your systems for gaming. However light gaming is possible using only your Intel graphics, especially once updated.]

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
one thing I found today, was when I had changed my setting to dynamic yesterday to see the different CCC screens, I started up this morning and my laptop screen was on not my external monitor, so for the heck of it I tried the F keys to darken or brighten the screen, well since it was on Intel It did work on the laptop screen, when I re set the thing to use only the external Samsung 27", the F keys don't work, only the Intel graphics Properties program will let me change the brightness when on the external monitor.

I'm not sure about that if it uses the Radeon on the laptop screen only, I may try that some other time., nothing I'm too concerned over, just thought it was weird that the F keys worked on the laptop screen and not the external screen.

The switchable screen that shows up now is the one where you set the different programs to use the gpu you want it to use, in fixed mode it only showed the power settting with either Radfeon while plugged in or the Intel when on battery.

btw I have Intel Centrino +bluetooth the Intel is 1030, the other says bluetooth Device (personal area network) The other is some Realtek pcie GBE family controler

Weird thing is I have a Intel WIDI folder in my Programs list, but have no idea when I installed that, I don't think I have WIDI. When I click on the exe I get a window pop up that this program has compatability issues,?? So I may have installed it by accedent.

EDIT I downloaded that tool, it found 2 updates, so I'm installing them now, will see what it does.

Edit 2: well that wasn't too good, I downloaded the stuff it found, but when it was installing it gave me some sort of error and stopped. I also lost my little green tray icon for the Intel Pro set wifi, ended up doing a recovery of the last restore point, that fixed it back, I was ready to just use my last image backup I made yesterday if it didn't. So I'm not sure what the deal is with WIDI, or like I said I even have it. If I do a check for update on the wifi centrino it says there is no better driver. So I'll just leave the beast as is. at least the damned AMD and Intel graphics drivers are installable.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
one thing I found today, was when I had changed my setting to dynamic yesterday to see the different CCC screens, I started up this morning and my laptop screen was on not my external monitor, so for the heck of it I tried the F keys to darken or brighten the screen, well since it was on Intel It did work on the laptop screen, when I re set the thing to use only the external Samsung 27", the F keys don't work, only the Intel graphics Properties program will let me change the brightness when on the external monitor.

I'm not sure about that if it uses the Radeon on the laptop screen only, I may try that some other time., nothing I'm too concerned over, just thought it was weird that the F keys worked on the laptop screen and not the external screen.

The switchable screen that shows up now is the one where you set the different programs to use the gpu you want it to use, in fixed mode it only showed the power settting with either Radfeon while plugged in or the Intel when on battery.

btw I have Intel Centrino +bluetooth the Intel is 1030, the other says bluetooth Device (personal area network) The other is some Realtek pcie GBE family controler

Weird thing is I have a Intel WIDI folder in my Programs list, but have no idea when I installed that, I don't think I have WIDI. When I click on the exe I get a window pop up that this program has compatability issues,?? So I may have installed it by accedent.

EDIT I downloaded that tool, it found 2 updates, so I'm installing them now, will see what it does.

Hello Hoody,

Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) is a feature that is built into the Intel® Core i3, i5, i7 processor architecture beginning with the 2nd generation chipset. Your Core i7 processor acts as a GPU as well as a CPU. It also has the ability to process both video and audio data at the same time it is acting as your systems Central Processing Unit. Each core process multiple threads of data at the same time.

If your system has a 2nd Generation Intel® Core processor or higher, you have Intel® Wireless Display. You only need a compatible WiFi driver/software configuration to enable it. You also need a wireless display adapter to receive the wireless display signal at the viewing source (Your TV). The 2nd Generation Intel® Core processors aren't as robust as the 3rd and 4th Gen chipsets, but they are very capable of wireless display. You only need update your WiFi driver as well its software to enable it. Some systems are built with WiDi button, not unlike a wireless button to turn it on and off when needed. Systems like mine that do not have the WiDi button uses the WiDi software and My WiFi software to enable and connect to other devices that support the wireless display signal. It's just like how you connect wirelessly to an access point or router. You search for available WiDi devices and connect using a registration key. After connection is accepted by the device your system's WiDi signals is piggy backed on your traditional WiFi signal to a device that can receive it and displayed onto whatever that device is connected.

The hard part is getting your wireless configuration's software and drivers to play nicely together, without which it just won't work. Look under "Network Adapters" in your device manager to see what exact WiFi adapter you have installed. Use that information to update its driver then use the Intel® Wireless Display Update Tool to update the rest of you Intel® Wireless software drivers. You should be able to use your wireless display. You'll just need to buy a separate Wireless Display adapter (third party hardware) to receive and display onto you television. Netgear makes a good and inexpensive WiDi adapter. Actiontech also makes a nice one, but it might cost just a little bit more.

The new Intel® Core processors not only support WiDi, but also MiraCast, which is being built into new hand held portable devices that do not have Intel® Core technology built into them. MiraCast does essentially the same thing as wireless display, but without Intel® Core technology. It mirrors whatever is on your device's screen onto a TV or projector through a third-party wireless display adapter and HDMI cable. You get high quality video and sound up to 1080p resolution.

Make sure you update you WiFi adapter's driver before using the WiDi update tool. And don't forget... You need a WiDi adapter to receive the WiDi signal just like you need a wireless router to connect to other computers and networks. Having the WiDi signal enabled and working is useless if you have nothing around that can receive it. Below are examples of the two WiDi adapters I mentioned that are needed to get the WiDi signal from your computer or portable device onto your Television.

widishootout_primary-100046761-gallery.jpg Intel Widi Software.PNG WiFi adapter.PNG Intel wireless software.PNGCapture.PNG

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
Man lol looks like more work than I want to deal with, I don't have much use as far as I can tell for this WIDI thing as it is. I did run that tool and it found 2 updates, I let it download and install, but it just gave me some error and stopped, my little green tray icon went missing too, that Intel ProSet icon, and couldn't find a way to get it back, I did still have web access, so I just did a restore point thing and reset it. Like I said I did find the WIDI folder in Programs, the exe is DTD 29 Nov 2012. So it may be out of date anyway for this W8.1 OS. its probably why when I clicked it it said it had "compatibility" issues, I tried to set it to W7 but it still said the same thing. Anywy since I don't seem to use this feature I'm not gona mess with it again.

Here's a shot of my net adapters, it looks pretty much like yours except for the different number, mine is 1030.

Network adapters.jpg

yeah I have a 2nd gen 2670QM I7

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
Man lol looks like more work than I want to deal with, I don't have much use as far as I can tell for this WIDI thing as it is. I did run that tool and it found 2 updates, I let it download and install, but it just gave me some error and stopped, my little green tray icon went missing too, that Intel ProSet icon, and couldn't find a way to get it back, I did still have web access, so I just did a restore point thing and reset it. Like I said I did find the WIDI folder in Programs, the exe is DTD 29 Nov 2012. So it may be out of date anyway for this W8.1 OS. its probably why when I clicked it it said it had "compatibility" issues, I tried to set it to W7 but it still said the same thing. Anywy since I don't seem to use this feature I'm not gona mess with it again.

Here's a shot of my net adapters, it looks pretty much like yours except for the different number, mine is 1030.

View attachment 33201

yeah I have a 2nd gen 2670QM I7

Hello Hoody,

I feel you, but It's really not as much work as you might think. I looked up the Intel driver update for your particular WiFi adapter, Intel(r) Centrino(r) Wireless-N 1030. You only need the Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe update. You don't need to install anything else but that driver, then let Intel's WiDi Update Tool install everything else once your WiFi adapter's driver has been updated. Below is the link to the Intel updates for your WiFi adapter (Driver Only):

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8*

Which file should you download?

If you have Windows 8 32-Bit:
DRIVERS ONLY: wireless_16.1.1_De32.exe
Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers): wireless_16.1.1_e32.exe

If you have Windows 8 64-Bit:
DRIVERS ONLY: Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe
Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers): Wireless_16.1.1_e64.exe

P.S., I think I remember you telling me that you installed one of the Leshcat Beta packages, right? The error message you received when you tried to use the Intel Update Tool was becasue the Intel graphics driver you have from Leachcat has been modified.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
Hy man, no I only had my usual HP sp59850, until I installed the AMD driver from AMD downloads, (13.11.9.5) mobility) and the latest Intel (3347) both installed and things are as usual. btw I did not remove sp59850, the 2 regular drivers installed just fine over it. Most people that had problems did the clean install thing, for some reason it works better leaving the HP driver alone.

The download tool had 2 updates I let run.

Downloaded that 16.1.1 driver, installed OK as far as I could tell, it doesn't show much when it installs except that small icon, funny though it says its 15.9 and not 16.1 in device manager. Anyway at least it didn't remove my little ProSet configuration icon, although it did end up with a red x, and had to use reset Proset to get it back up, but i assume that's due to updating the driver.

I may re try that update tool again later, just to see what it does now, but still don't see much reason to bother, still not sure just why I need to deal with it, what would I need it for? I don't seem to be using it anyway.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
Hy man, no I only had my usual HP sp59850, until I installed the AMD driver from AMD downloads, (13.11.9.5) mobility) and the latest Intel (3347) both installed and things are as usual. btw I did not remove sp59850, the 2 regular drivers installed just fine over it. Most people that had problems did the clean install thing, for some reason it works better leaving the HP driver alone.

The download tool had 2 updates I let run.

Still not sure just why I need to deal with it, what would I need it for? I don't seem to be using it now.

You already have an authentic Intel Graphics setup and an Intel Core processor, so you already have everything you need to use Intel Wireless Display, aside from the necessary Intel WiDi software and Intel WiFi software to enable it. However, you would still need a WiDi adapter to hook up to your TV so you can stream your computers display to your television. The new Netgear PTV 3000 WiDi adapter is inexpensive and it would also allow you to stream your Android phone w/ android 4.2, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy or tablet's display to your TV too.

Wireless display is a registered name by Intel for the technology, but Miracast is essentially the same technology and most of the new hand held devices on the market are equipped with Miracast and are compatible with the Netgear Push 2 TV 3000 adapter. If you watch movies or videos on your phone, imagine being able to Push those videos to your big screen TV. You may also just want to use your TV as a wireless monitor for your pc. You can also use it to give presentation using your cell phone.

img1.png maxresdefault.jpg netgear-push2tv-wireless-display-adapter-ptv3000-p39586-300.jpg

P.S., By the way, your Intel graphics driver was indeed modified when you installed the (13.11.9.5) mobility) Beta package. Just ask Alpha if that's true. It was modified by the Catalyst control Center contained in that Beta update package. In any case your Intel graphics drive is no longer certified by Intel.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
hy homes, well I guess I may not be into the modern age as others, I don't own a cell phone, don't have anybody to call or call me as it is lol, besides I can't see the cost for one of them things. Besides I can't do what I do with phone what I do with my laptop, for now anyway. and lernin to type with my thumbs isn't my plan either. I did check into those TrackPhone's one time, but hell I'd keep loosin the time I paid for cause I wouldn't ever be usin it that much, yeah I know you can roll the min over, but hell I'd have so many built up after a while I'd loose them anyway cause I'd done give up on the cost of the damned min cards lolol.

I did connect my laptop once to my TV using the usual 9 pin VGA cable, But wireless would be cool, I just don't have the time or funds available for the hardware and setting the thing up. So I guess I'll let it hang at this point, with just the latest WIFI driver

BTW yeah your probably right on the Intel stuff, I run that auto detect on line thing and everything comes up as not there lolol. I thought after I installed the regular Intel graphics driver it would at least see that. It doesn't even see my Intel net adapters. Oh well....... At least everything is working.

I plan to keep usin this HP for a while as is, my next one will be Gforce gpu anyway, some time down the road. I mainly use this laptop as a desktop replacement now.

L8R .....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
OK, just installed the "mobile" 13.12 and again OVER the already installed beta 13.11.9.5, all went as usual. all is in working order as before. So I'm now pretty much convinced these non OEM drivers are now installable, and am able to continue to do so, this is the 3rd one of these I have installed starting with 13.11.9.4 along with the Intel driver 3347 and so far no major problems.Everything is fine, only thing as I mentioned before was that the system now see's my HP OEM 7690m xt as some 6700 Series, which I said I was aware of anyway as its just a 6770m at its core, so nothing performance wish changed. its no issue to me what the damned card is seen as, its still AMD. With this 3rd install though I at least stopped complaining about it lololol.

I did find that leaving my COMODO AV on when installing these the AMD driver it somehow catches something and stops the completion process and the screen goes black on me, I had this the last time and couldn't figure what was the deal, I re booted using the on/off button as I couldn't see the damned screen, at re boot, things were OK, except I didn't have the CCC installed, and both monitors were on, laptop and external, the monitor issue was fixed by re setting the show only on 1 monitor, the CCC I had to re run the AMD setup again, but this time I closed my COMODO AV, and was able to see the popup system boxes that were installing in the back ground, all went OK and I have CCC back.

I could post the same CCC screen shot but its no different than the one I posted before with 13.11.9.5, it shows the updated driver in the info section, and the switchable graphics page when on "Fixed" mode. I reverted back to fixed from dynamic cause I got tired of setting the different cards for the different programs, this way I know the Radeon is being used all the time unless I go off plug and on battery. Only thing that's a pain is some of my own made screen savers don't like the Radeon card, and won't work unless I have the Intel 3000 set , oh well can't have everything , smirks.

btw I had the system set to "Fixed" when I installed this 13.12 over the installed drivers, some seem to say to use dynamic, some say fixed, I don't think it makes much differance as some don't have that option anyway. Main thing is in my case I DID NOT clean anything, I installed the first 13.11.9.4 over my installed OEM HP SP59850 driver, and have installed each update right over the others with no problems., just in case your interested, as all I read is all this "clean install" stuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
installed OVER my existing driver
installed in FIXED mode
had to close my AV to get CCC installed

Radeon 7690m xt (6770m) (13.12 final)
Intel 3000 (3347)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop