Your model (HP ProBook 4740s) also has Windows 8 drivers from HP here (SP59130 for Intel, SP59143 for AMD).
I would try the following:
- Remove the ATI/AMD components by running the ATI Catalyst Install Manager in Express Uninstall Mode (i.e. Win+W, Programs and Features, select ATI Catalyst Install Manager, click Change, Express Uninstall ALL AMD...), then reboot.
- Follow the rest of the Cleanup Instructions from Leshcat's Manual
- Apply SP59130 and verify the driver Provider.
- Apply SP59143 (~ Catalyst 12.8+) and test Switchable Graphics.
- If working, apply AMD Catalyst Beta (optional).
On a related note, I should also mention that after upgrading to AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta7, my fans went to super-loud (also, ATI CCC CPU usage jumped drastically)...similar to the issue I reported before in Post #383, #389, etc. but without the black screen crashes. Immediately after uninstalling the Beta (in fact, while the Beta was uninstalling) my fans returned to normal. I am reverting to AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta6 as we speak...
I've tried everything but nothing work. My laptop isn't as good as the driver SP59130 needs, so it is impossible to install it. Now I lose my thrill and going to boot it with Win7...
I have just one last question. Is it need to have both graphics in menu, when I click to CCC ikon, it means not only Intel HD graphics in my example, but Intel and Ati graphics in next row? Here is figure.
Alphastar, thanks a lot for your advices, you're really good.
- Windows 8
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model
- HP ProBook 4740s
- Graphics Card(s)
- AMD Ati HD 7650m
- Country Flag
- Czech republic