Win 8.1 HP Envy 700-214 Auto Shut Down Upon Powering Up?

JWA

As above I have an HP Envy 700-214 that's somewhat recently started shutting itself off almost as soon as the on power button is pushed---it does give indication its performing that function via an OSD message.

After the second button push it does power up and run pretty much flawlessly until I shut it down. Anyone dealt with this? Is there any info I can capture and share to help diagnose this?

Previously I thought I was hitting the "on" button twice which would have signaled the machine to shut down. I do not have the "on" power button configured to do that---it has to be shut down via the Start button options dialog box.

BTW I'm a complete moron when it comes to diving deeply into computers--can certainly follow directions if there's a fix for this. :)

TIA

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro
What is the force supply brand and model? What is the amp rating on it on the 12v rail? Did you ensure the card is situated in the space since you had issues connecting it?
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    1.2 ghz
    Motherboard
    nvidia
    Memory
    memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce
Unfortunately Hajiki I have no idea what you're asking me. :( I've not changed or otherwise modified the PC since it first arrived; very, very little use from time to time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro
Back