Where can I get a working copy of the Default folder under the Users folder?

anion

I get a "User Profile service failed the sign in" prompt whenever I try to login on every new account I make. From what I've seen on other forums, it seems to be because of a corrupted Default folder. I checked mine and it only has the AppData folder. Is there somewhere I can download the correct contents of the Default folder? Or can someone send me their copy? I have a Windows 8.1 Single Language en-US.

Just to add more info, I'm getting these on the Application tab from the Event Viewer:
Event 1500: Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.
Event 1511: Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
I will try to replace the Default folder because that seems to be the solution for this issue.

From User Profile Service failed the sign-in
I had a similar issue and solved it by doing the following:

1. On a system that is experiencing the problem, navigate to the Default folder found at "C:\Users\Default". Rename it to "Default.old" or something similar to back it up. The Default folder will be hidden so ensure you click on the View tab and check the Hidden items checkbox.

2. Copy the 'C:\Users\Default' folder from another PC with Windows 10 installed that will allow users who have not logged in before to log in.

3. Replace the folder on the PC experiencing the problem and then try to login.

You should now be able to login with accounts that have not previously logged in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
Nevermind, found a solution myself. I remembered that I made a bootable flash drive for Windows 8.1 so I tried if I can extract the contents of the install.wim file. Apparently, you can! I opened it with 7-zip and copied the Default folder which was only 350Kb in size. I don't get that error anymore after copying the files over the Default folder on my system drive. Hope this can help people in the future!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
Don't forget to mark this thread as solved!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo ThinkPad L460
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 vPro
    Motherboard
    Lenovo ThinkPad L460 motherboard