Solved When installing something, it takes from hours to days

NecrobyNerton

Hello, I am having problems with my computer when installing stuff, Whatever it is over 1GB it literally takes from hours to days to complete and now it is even worse, I could let it go for years and still not be able to install anything...
I had some games one of my friends gave me and they worked perfectly fine on installing them the last time but now they just won't install. Literally i waited for over 15 hours for mafia 2 to install and still didn't arrive even at 50%
I also tried installing ghost recon future soldiers and it took for about a day to complete (it was only 13gb)
About storage i have enough space left for windows (over 50 gigs) and also i have two hard drives:
one for windows and some of the installations of the games my friend gave me recently and
one for my personal files
btw both of those hard drives are divided into 2 partitions
i am not experiencing any weird stuff going on on my pc (like crashes, Slowdowns) except for DEP, That thing is for some reason always on and it is super annoying and i think that could be the problem but i'm not sure about that completely.
I've heard it could be a ram problem but no i am not running any background processes and i never did except for antivirus but i tried also ending the antivirus's process with task manager but it didn't help either.
I tried cleaning my pc a lot and also tried "fixing" the registries with ccleaner and also doing a clean boot but with no luck either...
Any help will be very grateful to me!

Also the installer doesn't freeze or crash it just takes way too long to install something

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz 2.99ghz
    Memory
    2 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce GT710 2gb
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    350W
    Antivirus
    Microsoft Essentials
Hi! I have the installer in my hard disk and well i tried waiting for 2 days to install but still didn't even arrive at 30%...
Also sorry for keeping too long because i had problems with my internet access since lately it started having storms but that's not a problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Memory
    2 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce GT710 2gb
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    350W
    Antivirus
    Microsoft Essentials
I was going to recommend MiniToolBox and Piriform's Speccy, however, downloading, installing, running and logging may took way too long.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit [MS blue-disk set]
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2 Acers & 1 Antec[?]
    CPU
    i7 in 2 Acers, i5 in desktop
    Motherboard
    Desktop w/Gigabyte
    Memory
    Two w/16GB, 1 w/8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Laptops GameWorthy; Desktop maybe GameWorthy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    flatscreens; 2 are BluRay worthy
    Screen Resolution
    1368x768; 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    1TB internals; 2 ext usb WD 1TB HDs
    PSU
    what's PSU?
    Cooling
    Regular plus external fans
    Keyboard
    desktio w/PS2
    Mouse
    desktop w/PS2
    Internet Speed
    DSL middle level [160?]
    Browser
    from Netscape 0.9 to FF 36
    Antivirus
    well-balanced, well-configured mult-layered defense is best
    Other Info
    From MS-DOS 3.3, MS-DOS 6.22, from Windows 3.1 to WFW 3.11 to Windows 95-98SE, now to Windows 7 Pro.
    Security for now: Windows 7 Firewall, Emsisoft AM, MSE [scan-only], SpywareBlaster, Ruiware/BillP combine
Hey sorry for taking long to reply back because we had a work out of town to do and i couldn't find the time to come back and check and well i got some good news:
I managed to fix this issue by taking out the Hard disk drive that i have all my personal files and now i can install without any problems...
I don't know how it works but it did work and also this HDD which i have my files sometimes starts going crazy and stops working and which i think it is starting to fail and i probably would need to buy a new one so i think that because of that i couldn't install stuff properly...
Should i mark it as solved?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Memory
    2 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce GT710 2gb
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    350W
    Antivirus
    Microsoft Essentials
That turned to be a simple issue finally. Congratulations on this. The situation is of great reference for similar problems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8
Back