What Are you Thoughts On Apple's OS?

I don't need Thoughts about Apple's OS...

I'm a PC Remember? ;)

OOH-Multiple-Device-3-WebSize.jpg

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 x64 (Technet)
OS X is my hero for one simple reason:

I bought my wife a MacBook Pro (1st Gen Intel) and I never, ever, ever get the "Oh honey, my computer is broken. Can you stop what you're doing and come fix it?"

For whatever reason this was a regular occurrence when she was running XP on an ASUS XJ (essentially the same hardware).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Brew
    CPU
    Intel i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    Intel DZ77GA-70K
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance (4 X 4 GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire HD 5850 (ATI)
    Sound Card
    Bose System V
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Apple 23 inch HD Cinema
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1200
    Hard Drives
    Intel series 320 SSD (120 GB)
    2 X 1 TB Western Digital FAEX (Caviar Black series)
    PSU
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w series II
    Case
    Lian Li VP2120B
    Cooling
    Corsair H80
    Keyboard
    IBM Model "M"
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless trackpad
    Internet Speed
    Cable 10MB (hahahahahahaha)
Mac OS X is far more better-looking, structured, and stable than Windows. However, the only thing keeping Apple from increasing the market share is...

1. The amount of apps. Windows has thousands, if not, millions of more apps compared to Apple.

2. Apple doesn't focus in any way on gaming.

3. Exclusivity. I love OS X, but I think that Apple's computers are overpriced.

The fact of the matter is simple: If Apple allowed people to buy OS X, and install it on non-Mac computers, OS X's market share would increase at an alarming rate, moreso than 25-30%. The only thing that's hindering it is the software compatibility & price.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 RTM (x64)
    Dell Studio 540
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q660 (2.4GHz)
    Memory
    4GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512MB)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell E207WFP
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
Mac OS X is far more better-looking, structured, and stable than Windows. However, the only thing keeping Apple from increasing the market share is...

1. The amount of apps. Windows has thousands, if not, millions of more apps compared to Apple.

2. Apple doesn't focus in any way on gaming.

3. Exclusivity. I love OS X, but I think that Apple's computers are overpriced.

The fact of the matter is simple: If Apple allowed people to buy OS X, and install it on non-Mac computers, OS X's market share would increase at an alarming rate, moreso than 25-30%. The only thing that's hindering it is the software compatibility & price.

1. yea right.

2.) LOL.

3.) $_$.

its sucks. they are prolly shaking right now because two companies already started making innovative OS's :p (gc-os - Windows 8)

I wonder whats the next animal name if they make a cloud OS.

Leopard - Snow Leopard - ??????

Vulture.

Last edited:

My Computer

experience...

My daughter bought a Mac Book and asked me to set it up for her, so I did... and since this was my first experience with an apple computer I was surprised and amazed at how simple it was and how everything just worked... I thought this is how it should be!

Then I had the opportunity to download and use Windows 7 RC and there was that feeling again, it recognized all my hardware, loaded all the latest drivers (including my HP printer) and everything just worked and I thought this is how it should be!

To sum up: Mac OS X is a good system and surprised me but I'm a PC and Windows 7 has shown me that MS is learning to listen, and I like the freedom to totally customize it to my liking.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Build 7232 x64 (clean install)
    Custom by Charbroil57
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition 3.1GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD
    Memory
    8 GB (4 x 2 GB) Corsair 6400C5 800 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFG 512MB GDDR3 9600GT OC
    Sound Card
    Realtec HD Audio 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    DVI Westinghouse LCD-22W3
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    500 GB SATA 3G Seagate Barracuda &
    500 GB USB Seagate Desktop Drive
    PSU
    Ultra LSP 650w
    Case
    Antec Sonata
    Cooling
    Stock (80w CPU)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite
    Mouse
    Wirless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
    Internet Speed
    Comcast Broadband (15.8 Mb/s download & 2.3 Mb/s upload)
    Other Info
    SATA HP Lightscribe DVD RW
    SATA Samsung Lightscribe DVD RW
PC's always win.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Vista-Windows 7-8
    Acer Aspire 8730-6951
    CPU
    Intel Centrino 2 Dou Inside
    Memory
    4 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600M GT
    Screen Resolution
    1680*945
    Hard Drives
    320Gb
    Internet Speed
    15mbs
... and since this was my first experience with an apple computer I was surprised and amazed at how simple it was and how everything just worked... I thought this is how it should be!

Then I had the opportunity to download and use Windows 7 RC and there was that feeling again, it recognized all my hardware, loaded all the latest drivers (including my HP printer) and everything just worked and I thought this is how it should be!

Of course a MacOS X has the unfair advantage of being released on hardware in which is was specifically designed and tested. Windows 7, and any other Windows operating system, has the disadvantage of running on any number of unknown hardware configurations.

If you start playing with MacOS X on other hardware (aka: Hackintosh), you'll quickly learn that its hardware detection and available drivers is much more narrow than what Microsoft has. MacOS is a closed loop, which makes it even more proprietary and finicky than Windows.

Straight up Linux or BSD isn't quite as hardware agnostic as Windows, but in its updated, pure form, it's much more tolerant than MacOS X which has its own, customized Darwin BSD kernel.

My Computer

PC all the way! Windows 7 anyway - I'm sure OS X is a hell of a lot better than Vista :D

@ LFB - I like those Windows (life without walls) images, they illistrate PCs perfectly. *Thumbs*

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD FX 8350 - 8 Core
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A99X EVO
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 ~ 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce 560Ti
    Sound Card
    Asus Xonar DGX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 X 24"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
    Hard Drives
    2 X 1TB HDD
    60GB SSD
    PSU
    Corsair 600W
    Case
    NZXT Phantom
    Cooling
    Standard
    Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    8MB
    Browser
    Chrome
I think Mac machines are well built systems, but like what's been said: OSX is just too bland and boring to use.

Personally I didn't like where everything was set and how it was laid out, but maybe that's just because I'm a PC.

I'd have recommended a Mac to someone who hadn't a clue on how to set a computer up, but like what Charbroil said, Windows 7 is just as easy now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 965
    Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth x58
    Memory
    12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX770
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xonar DX 7.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell S2409W + Dell E207WFP
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 + 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex 2E 120GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
    PSU
    Corsair TX850 Modular 850w
    Case
    Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced Nvidia Edition
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9700 Nvidia Edition
    Keyboard
    Logitech G510s
    Mouse
    Logitech G500s
    Internet Speed
    40Mbps
    Other Info
    Logitech X-530
I think Mac machines are well built systems, but like what's been said: OSX is just too bland and boring to use.

Personally I didn't like where everything was set and how it was laid out, but maybe that's just because I'm a PC.

I'd have recommended a Mac to someone who hadn't a clue on how to set a computer up, but like what Charbroil said, Windows 7 is just as easy now.
I agree but I would like to appauld them on their upcoming Snow leopard...if you have never studied the history of OSX and Apple then you will find a funny but stupid fact about them. OSX, before Intel became their processor provider, was 64-bit only. That is innovation there, except for the fact that with Leopard and intel moving in...it became x86 again o_0. Now with Snow Leopard the OS is going pure x64 again. Now eventhough I am very much not a fan os their OS I can't help but to appauld and laugh at their re-innovation of going this route. It is a time to change and I hope Windows 8 joins in here also

My Computer

Back