My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro or/and WIn6. 3?
    Computer type
    Laptop
answer 1
=========================
CMD is a command prompt (a program) and it means it is running the 6.3 version and a 32 bit OS version

PC info is referring to your operating system Windows 8.1 Pro the 64 bit version that it is correct
2 GIG and 74GIG are referring to the amount of RAM available (internal memory) or used

the 32bit software only uses up to 2 GIGS of ram even if you have more installed

32bit version programs can run within a 64bit OS (operating system) environments

are you sure it said 74 and not maybe 64? it sounds like you might have a tablet

it is confusing
32 and 64 bit refer to how the OS (operating system) uses the processor and motherboard
while version numbers generally refer to software.
Just like when IE or Chrome of FF update, they usually are updating to a new version

Windows 7 Home
Windows 7 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8.0
Windows 8.0 Pro
Windows 8.1
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 10 ....... etc

they are just software versions that use letters not numbers as version indicators

answer 2
=============================
it sounds as though you have a 64GB tablet running Windows 8.1 Pro

Windows 8 is unlike other windows versions it doesn't have a menu like 7 or 10 does
I suggest you go here and it will help guide you through how to install a windows 7 type menu in windows 8
it might make it easier during your learning stage of windows 8
Installing a Windows 7 style menu for Windows 8

Once I got over the learning curve of Window 8 it has become my favorite OS operating system

good luck hope that helps a little

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 & 8
Back