W8.1 Memory problems (leak?)

my 2 cents..

-1st of all this is a game.. totally going to have problems with games.. these programmers today don't do anything they are supposed to.. (look at old games compared to today when they come out with games.. no testing.. beta's this and that.. what a joke..)

anyway, 4 gigs of ram to be honest in my humble opinion is too small.. i have 16 gigs right now all i paid was like $90-120.. i'm sure its cheaper now even.. but you do get problems when you go with cheaper ram..

- Do you have any rapid programs on? Intel Rapid technology etc? anything like that? you need to know what you have installed on your system.. if this happened straight after a CLEAN install of windows 8.1 then you definitely know something is fishy.. but otherwise god knows what you have tweaked and installed since your 1st day of using windows..

go on the alien isolation forum and post about your problem and maybe you'll even find other players have this issue.. i have a strong feeling it's just yet another example of game makers throwing out crap (or non-optimized code)

below is my cached ram usage right now..

memorynow.JPG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (HOME not Pro) 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    (So not very nice) Lenovo Y410P
    CPU
    i7 quad 2.4Gig
    Memory
    16G ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 2gig 755m
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo

supercache2 m2. mini card.
    Antivirus
    Win Defender
Oh and yeah, notice my 87 Reserved.. (in picture above post)

you are screwed up man.. 3 gigs reserved for you?

time to clean out your computer.. you definitely tweaked something or have something installed..it's so clear..

*edit* - oh and by the way, that picture above was after I've had my system for 5+months and absolutely insanely tweaking and messing with it and installing and removing things I shouldn't and definitely using programs i should not be using that can cause crashing and instability.. and you name it.. i've been messing up my system.. registry hack crap, uninstalling net framework, removing this, that.. and today still i have no [DEL]major problems[/DEL] like you have.. (*or 3.0gigs reserved)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (HOME not Pro) 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    (So not very nice) Lenovo Y410P
    CPU
    i7 quad 2.4Gig
    Memory
    16G ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 2gig 755m
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo

supercache2 m2. mini card.
    Antivirus
    Win Defender
anyway, 4 gigs of ram to be honest in my humble opinion is too small.. i have 16 gigs right now all i paid was like $90-120.. i'm sure its cheaper now even.. but you do get problems when you go with cheaper ram..
Not here in Australia.

I'm glad I bought my 8GB kit (DDR3 1333) in January 2013 ($50 Au).
A couple of months after that purchase, the price doubled and it hasn't gone down since.
As far as I can tell, that price increase was across all RAM sizes and types. :eek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Back