• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

USB device not recognized. Device descriptor request faile

Cattanius

Hello everyone,
i hope you can help me sorting out this issue that is causing me a hard headache at the moment.

I've bought this new Lenovo Z50-70 laptop with windows 8.1 preinstalled on it. Fresh new.

I'm trying to connect via usb a guitar audio interface (Line6 POD HD500) so i installed the drivers via the .exe setup file i downloaded from Line6's site.
The device worked fine on my previous HP pavilion with windows 7.

Now when i completed the installation, i connected it and i had this error:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I used slimdrivers to update all the other drivers, in case it was a conflict causing the error.
I checked via command prompt with command "pnputil -e" and i saw a driver from the vendor of the device listed, so it is installed correctly i think.
I tried all USB ports i have, 3.0 and 2.0 on one side of laptop and 2.0 on other side.

When on device manager, if i click update drivers and choose the "let me pick from a list of device drivers.." i don't see the company name of the device.

i saw that another guy posted a really similar problem on SevenForum and he figured out how to force windows to use the drivers but he didn't post the solution.. Here is the post: Can't get Windows 7 x64 to use the drivers I've installed repeatedly Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Edit: the software tool from which i can update drivers and other things for my guitar interface says that no drivers are installed on pc.... even if i try to re-install them.

Any help appreciated

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

JPJ5624

I am having the same exact problem as you, Cattanius. I couldn't get it to connect to my computer over 2 years ago and then just decided to try it the other day. I didn't expect anything to show up in device manager because I thought the usb port was fubar, but then I see the same message you got and all of the sudden there's hope! I hope.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro x64