• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

upgrade to windows 10 disappeared after refresh PC

Zaref

Egypt

hello
i have an OEM laptop running 8.1 upgraded from pre installed 8
i have reserved windows 10 in 29 july but i had some serious problems with internet connection till then *of course not related to the reservation* so i couldn't download the update
0968a047-9af4-4193-a14c-8479415b9601.png

my laptop ran into some problems with permissions that i couldn't fix which i asked about and found out resolving it would be painful so i restored and old recovery point which is working quite smoothly
as the restore point was before 29 july i wanted to reserve the upgrade again but there was no notification
i tried the method mentioned here but i didn't work although it worked before restoring
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-copy-of-windows-10-but-i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b
the batch file doesn't loop it just run and then disappear

i also tried the diagnostic dialogue GW10appdiagnostic it didn't mention anything about missing updates or in compatibilities
0968a047-9af4-4193-a14c-8479415b9601 (3).jpg
0968a047-9af4-4193-a14c-8479415b9601 (1).jpg
also fixwin10_full batch file i found on microsoft community didn't help at all
am i missing anything ?
i installed all the available updates -important and optional - but nothing changed Screenshot (21).png
help please

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Inter Core I5 3210M
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce 610
    Screen Resolution
    1366*786
    Internet Speed
    1MBpS
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Avira
    Other Info
    medical student who enjoys gaming

Sturgess

I upgraded from Win 8.1 to WIN 10 and after 3 weeks of trying all sorts of things switched back to WIN 8.1 and win10 is trying over n over to reinstall, WHAT A NIGHTMARE., what I didn't like in WIN 10 was limited control you have to make changes to any settings, MR Softy ( Microsoft ) has reduced your options to controls, you do not even have a choice for up grades its forced on you at their will, heck you cant even select the day, or time for it to install. The new browser is UGGGGGG I didn't see it as quicker and when I used the IE browser things didn't no open correctly had freeze up times and extreme slowness, I am not sure that Mr Softy is sabotaging the old browser IE so you have to use the new one. Personally I would wait till 9 months down the road before a install of WIN 10. I still plan on doing a reinstall of WIN8.1 do to issues WIN10 has created. GOOD LUCK

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Samsung
    CPU
    i-5
    Memory
    DDR3 1600 8 meg