Solved Uninstall Norton, turn on Window Defender & Malwarebytes ?

I used the Norton Uninstaller to successfully remove everything and turned on Windows Defender. Many , many thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
If you want to pay, you are much better off with Norton than with Kaspersky. But if you want to go with Defender, you have to uninstall Norton with their uninstaller - else you will be in trouble. https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

PS: I think you will be OK with Defender and MWB

Would there be any advantage to using Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove Norton ?
Revo will not do the job. I don't know the details but I had a bad experience when I did not use the Norton tool - and I use Revo too.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP p7-1446s
    CPU
    AMD A10-5700
    Motherboard
    MSI-7778 (JASMINE)
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD A10-5700
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG E2742V
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
You are welcome. Glad to hear that it worked out OK for you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Might I also suggest that you install CCleaner: CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download and run the registry clean function, as that will get rid of any leftovers from Norton and possibly other programs as well. I've been using CCleaner for years and it's great for that and cleaning temp files etc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
Yep, you're right . Ray..........it cleaned up a LOT of temporary files. I had forgotten about CCleaner.
Thanks.
Might I also suggest that you install CCleaner: CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download and run the registry clean function, as that will get rid of any leftovers from Norton and possibly other programs as well. I've been using CCleaner for years and it's great for that and cleaning temp files etc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    HP p7-1446s
    CPU
    AMD A10-5700
    Motherboard
    MSI-7778 (JASMINE)
    Memory
    8 GB