• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to change display settings in Color Calibration

Gwendolyn

I've just got a new laptop with Windows 8, and noticed that all dark images have chunks of pixels around them - they aren't smooth at all. Most of the icons on the start screen also have bands of colours, instead of smooth gradients.

I tried to change my display settings in Color Calibration to try and fix this, but as soon as I change anything my display reverts back. Changing gamma won't work, and when I mess with the hues the screen snaps back to being grey, though it should have a tint.

I've turned off the adaptive brightness (as far as I can tell), and I can't find anything in Catalyst Control Centre that looks like it would be doing this - I assume I'm overlooking some preinstalled software or something like that?

I have a Lenovo laptop with AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics and Windows 8.1 installed. Not sure where the problem is here, so I didn't quite know what forum it belongs in.

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)