Unable to access Windows 8 & Can't start in Safe Mode

RyanH

So I'm posting this for a friend of me, her laptop became really slow (10-15 min in loading screen, extremely slow reaction time when finally signed into Windows 8 etc.) But most of the time she couldn't even access Windows and an error came up: 'Critical process died'.
Or some weird errors when she finally managed to access Windows like:
'Framework\mscoreei.dll couldn't be loaded' or 'An write and read on the memory failed'

Basically I told her to try to Start in Safe mode and do a 'chkdsk' and/or ' SFC /scannow' as I thought her hard drive is badly corrupted or the laptop has been infected by a weird virus.
Unfortunately, the system is so slow and full of errors, she couldn't manage to start in safe mode because she can't get to the Settings, CMD or Run.

The next thing I did was trying to boot via a Recovery Drive (On a 8GB USB). But just as I thought, the boot order is on default 'Hard drive first'. You can change that easily by accessing the BIOS but ya... I can't help her to access the BIOS because she can't get into Settings->Troubleshoot->UEFI

Does anyone knows how to get into the BIOS or Safe mode without accessing Windows 8 itself to fix this huge Corruption/error/virus?
She has an ASUS notebook. Maybe some of you guys know a trick to press F2 or something when It's loading

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
If you can at least get to the Windows 8 logon screen, then you can start Safe Mode, see the instructions at this link: link

The next thing I did was trying to boot via a Recovery Drive (On a 8GB USB). But just as I thought, the boot order is on default 'Hard drive first'. You can change that easily by accessing the BIOS but ya... I can't help her to access the BIOS because she can't get into Settings->Troubleshoot->UEFI

- You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your computer's UEFI firmware (BIOS).
- Connect your Windows 8 USB flash drive or insert your Windows 8 DVD.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (see this link for help). Or, if you have a Lenovo computer, you can also press the NOVO button when the computer is turned off and then select "Boot Menu".
- Select your USB/DVD from the boot menu.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.
If you can at least get to the Windows 8 logon screen, then you can start Safe Mode, see the instructions at this link: link
No, it's almost impossible to get to the Login screen, it takes a lot of patience and retries

- You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your computer's UEFI firmware (BIOS).
- Restart the computer.
- Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (see this link for help). Or, if you have a Lenovo computer, you can also press the NOVO button when the computer is turned off and then select "Boot Menu".
Alright, I will try that. Thanks for your answer ;). I will keep this Up-to-date to tell if it has worked ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
No, it's almost impossible to get to the Login screen, it takes a lot of patience and retries

- Restart the computer.
Alright, I will try that. Thanks for your answer ;). I will keep this Up-to-date to tell if it has worked ;)

My Asus Notebook you would use the ESC key on boot up to get a boot menu to boot your USB. On My Z97 Motherboard I use the F8 key for a boot menu its a little different UEFI than my notebook.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro MC
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus G75VW / Z97 Pro
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3610QM / I7-4790K
    Motherboard
    Z97 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    Sound Card
    VIA 6.0.10.1600
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 Pro 256, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    Internet Speed
    30 down 3 up
    Browser
    Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    NIS and Malwarebytes

- Restart the computer.

My Asus Notebook you would use the ESC key on boot up to get a boot menu to boot your USB. On My Z97 Motherboard I use the F8 key for a boot menu its a little different UEFI than my notebook.
Thanks for your comment. I will try both of the keys and the keys that are on the website sent by @genet

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back