Trust this pc problem. The code is being sent to an old email address

boober

Hello :D

I just upgraded to windows 8 from 7 last night, and I didn't do a fresh install. I just installed over windows 7.

Problem I'm having is when setting it up, I am unable to get it to "Trust my pc". When I go to have it trust my pc, it has an old email account listed that I stopped using umm about 10 years ago or so! :cry:

So I decided to delete that email address, but it then tells me the following...

"Your security info protects your account

If you ever forget your password, we need a way to help you get back into your account. We won't use this to spam you—just to keep your account more secure.
This info will be deleted from your account on 11/25/2012, unless you cancel the deletion."

WTF? ARE YOU KIDDING ME I NEED TO WAIT A MONTH?

Anyone know a way of speeding this up somehow so I can get that code I need right now? So that I can get it to trust my pc.....! :thumb:

Honestly what's the deal with it having to wait a whole month to delete my old info? How stupid is that? :huh: Why can't I just delete it now, so that the code can be sent to an email address I am currently using? :geek:

Thanks

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
how did you do this? im having the same problem :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Built it myself
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo OC to 3.2GHZ
    Motherboard
    G41M-ES2L
    Memory
    4.0GB Corsair XMS 2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 260 OC extreme Edition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC e2343f 23 Inch LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    750GB
    160GB
    250GB
I'm not sure how exactly I did it but over the years I had set up various msn emails such as blah@hotmail.com and blah@msn.com and blah@live.com etc...

And I got around this problem by somehow reassigning my accounts to 1 of those other email addy's. And then trying to "Trust my pc" again. It didn't seem to make any difference in how my computer functions though.

If you still have the same problem as I did, then maybe just wait the 30 days or so or however long it might be for you. And then update your email to your current 1. And then try and "Trust my pc"... :p

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back