Solved trouble with email.

commander

I need to send a file to someone by email, but when I try to do so I get this message:

there no email program associated to perform the requested action. install an email program, or if one
is already installed create an association in the default programs control panel.

does anybody know what this means and how do I set up that "association" in the control panel?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    msn.com
    Antivirus
    norton
it's where you right click on what you want to email or move somewhere. things like move to different part of the PC or a external

hard drive. send by email, and so on. when I left click I get the message I typed above. it looks like the default program is outlook,
but I have not used it in years. so i'm going to need to find out how to remove the mail Microsoft corporation. and put in the
one I use "frontier.com"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    msn.com
    Antivirus
    norton
I use frontier.com when I go into the control panel, default programs, set defaults. then a list comes up and when I click on email I get "email Microsoft corporation" I need to know how to change that default to frontier

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    msn.com
    Antivirus
    norton
the computer has corrected itself and the calendar is popping up just fine. oh and when I tried to get frontier to help with the program for sending things like the copy you needed, they had no idea what I was talking about. thanks for the help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb