Solved touch screen scrolling only works when finger on screen.

ksqrd

Greetings,
My Dell Latitude 7350 is running windows 8, about a month ago I suddenly noticed that the touch screen will only scroll if my finger is on the screen. I can no longer 'flick' my finger on teh screen and see the contents scroll by on their own. To scroll down several pages is now a chore, not just a flick.
I made a registry edit to alter the friction, and set it to 0.
reboot, and it will work for a few seconds, maybe up to a minute, then I'm back to having to touch the screen for every move.
Assuming it was something that got installed with a program, I have deleted all recently added programs.
The registry settings still show a friction of 0.
Anybody have any idea how I can get this touch screen back to how it used to be?
I really don't want to wipe it and start from scratch if possible.
thanks,
Ksqrd

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7
Well this is awkward...
looked at one more post after writing mine...
Midou3500 suggested another user use Revo uninstaller for a different issue, but I figured what the heck, cant hurt right?
Sure enough, one of the programs I installed left tons of files behind. Got rid of them, and now scroll seems to be working the way I want.
Used the free trial, so hopefully it does not reset after the trial period. Think this may be a program I add to my collection if it does not revert.

Ksqrd

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7
Back