Too many recovery partitions Windows 8.1

QwirkleLOL

Hello!
So the new Windows 10 update is coming up, so I decided to try to speed up my system by deleting partitions that I think I may have not deleted when I installed different operating systems on my laptop. I got my laptop with windows 8.1 on it, so I expect a couple of more partitions to be on it. But theres a problem, theres 4 ~350GB recovery partitions, and I don't know which ones are safe to delete or not.

I also installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on here a couple of months ago, I have since removed it.

Heres a picture of my Disk Management:

partitions.png

Thanks! :D

Edit: I have noticed that the slowness when loading files may mean that my harddrive is failing, and 2 weeks ago windows told me to back up my files because it may crash. I have an extra harddrive and some Acer recovery disks, should I just swap the drives out and reinstall the os?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
If you have another HD then I would suggest to re-install the OS and get ready to upgrade to Windows 10. Having too many reserved partitions might cause upgrade to Windows 10 to fail as seen in Windows 10 Forum.

Instead of trying to recover 8.1 from the factory reserved partition which might have been broken due to the extra partitions being created. I suggest to download the correct edition of Windows from the link below and start it fresh.
Create installation media for Windows 8.1
A normal 8.1 OS installation will have 4 partitions: 300 MB reserved partition containing Winre.wim, 100MB Fat32 partition which contains the Boot Manager, 128MB unallocated MSR partition which you don't see via Disk Management and last is the C: drive.

After fresh OS installation. You might have to download any drivers/Tools needed by your Laptop from the Laptop manufacturer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    16 GB G-Skill Trident X @2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    256 GB M2 sm951, (2) 500GB 850EVO, 5TB, 2 TB Seagate
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
Yea that's what I'm going to do, I'm going to have to install the windows 10 technical preview since I don't have enough money to get a new copy of Windows 8.1, is the Acer Aspire V3-571G-6407 a laptop that can be USB booted?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I got my laptop with windows 8.1 on it

then there is no need to re-purchase windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop