Solved Thoughts on this model PC

I would love to have a computer like that ,man would those e-mail fly in then ,lol

Early Christmas present ! Already have 84mbps/94mbps been flying there. Looking for apps and others to fly ! Already thinking of more RAM take up to 32GB DDR4 3000 O.C. :what: Although seen nice deal on DDR4 2400 16GB as machine only has 8GB.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1502 (GX1502)
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHZ 64 bit 6-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    G.Skill 16GB Quad Channel DDR4-2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ DDR5 4GB
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster ZxR 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS PA24Q 24" Pro Art IPS LCD/LED Backlit 1920x1200
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 16:10
    Hard Drives
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD,
    Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD,
    WD WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 Internal HDD
    PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular
    Case
    AZZA Cosmas Black Gaming Case
    Cooling
    Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo Dual 120mm, ( 2) Noctua PWM 120mm Case Fans (1) Gelid PWM 120mm Blue LED
    Keyboard
    Logitech K800 Illumiated Wireless Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Mozilla Firefox 41.0.1 / Microsoft Edge/ IE 11
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
    Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray Burner, LG 24x Dual Layer DVD Burner,
    StarTech Front Bay 22-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Multi Media Memory Card Reader,Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker system
The Cyberpower is a much better deal. But then who is Cyberpower.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Yeah, meaning not reputable enough Intel 4th Generation Gaming PCs

My knowledge is good enough to change what i feel needed, work with this, parts inside are known, better deal, better newer processor

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo Dual 120mm, ( 2) Noctua PWM 120mm Case Fans (1) Gelid PWM 120mm Blue LED
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
    StarTech Front Bay 22-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Multi Media Memory Card Reader,Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker system
Thank you to all that read this post gave there opinions, advice, help and yes some critique on this post :D. Appreciated !!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
I would love to have a computer like that ,man would those e-mail fly in then ,lol

Early Christmas present ! Already have 84mbps/94mbps been flying there. Looking for apps and others to fly ! Already thinking of more RAM take up to 32GB DDR4 3000 O.C. :what: Although seen nice deal on DDR4 2400 16GB as machine only has 8GB.
just so you know ,the reference to email and the lol in my post was at myself not you ,all I do is read email and post on this help forum ,.every now and then I record a vinyl to mp3 :thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8.1.1 enterprise
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Hinze57
    CPU
    AMD FX 6100 6core 3.30gHz
    Motherboard
    gigibyte ga-78lmy-s2p
    Memory
    4gig ddr3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radon hd5000 Series
    Sound Card
    onboard realtek hd
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" viewsonic/ 22"Samsung
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    128gig ssd Kingston
    80gig WD 10000 rpm spinner
    Case
    micro
    Keyboard
    microsoft curve 200
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless M215
    Internet Speed
    high speed 20
    Browser
    ie 11
    Antivirus
    windows defender
    Other Info
    updated enterprise apr 2/14

just so you know ,the reference to email and the lol in my post was at myself not you ,all I do is read email and post on this help forum ,.every now and then I record a vinyl to mp3 :thumb:

O.k. critique was not referenced to you if that is what you thought, thank you for your thoughts.
Received system, made few changes, added my 2 Crucial SSD's, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 SC, Sound Blaster ZxR sound card and G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
what do you think of the GX1502 after owning it

hi JDS63 just wondering the pro/con of your system the GX1502, sorry for posting reply to old thread but I couldn't find a way to PM you in the profile - do you think the 1502 was a good buy? recommended? thanks and best regards

My Computer

System One

• OS
hi JDS63 just wondering the pro/con of your system the GX1502, sorry for posting reply to old thread but I couldn't find a way to PM you in the profile - do you think the 1502 was a good buy? recommended? thanks and best regards

Decent buy, processor was better then other i listed, although ASUS makes good motherboards. So pro's are the processor, room for hardware upgrades and more fans, decent board uses DDR4 RAM instead of DDR3, decent CPU cooler and decent case.
Cons being cheap SSD used, cheap generic PSU, not the best video card and case fans(not PWM) except CPU Fan and a integrated sound card.

I basically did a lot of modification on it afterwards, now it's much better. Better and larger SSD (C: Drive), better Video Card, 3 PWM fans, better and more powerful PSU, Blu-Ray writer and i added a discrete sound card. Had keyboard and trackball from previous PC I use instead of ones came with it.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
thanks for the info jds63, your real world experience is pretty much what i expected from all my research - the power supplies are a korean which for some of those produced by that co. they have a good rep but the 600's they used in these apparently are having a higher failure rate and this co. seems to be using them in many of its products - others had reported they had no issues with the stock pwr supply - but I did read a few posts where they said there were no cables for hd expansion from the pwr supply - did you notice that as well?

the specs on the 270 are fairly decent but lower power load card options from other vendors can do almost the same benchmark for half the wattage
and for the same wattage you can nearly double its benchmark albeit at a $ 300 price point

i think the biggest issue right off is that power supply

there are a few of these still in market - w o o t even had them for sale a short time a while back
i was looking at them around the time you bought yours - all things said it still seemed a good buy -
thanks for all the real world feedback - the gigabyte mobo seems to be pretty good they put out a revision now that can handle faster ddr4 though - have you had any issues with the mobo specifically? did you run into a booting issue with usb devices plugged in?

did you run into any issues with the card shutting down or crashing?

My Computer

System One

• OS
DDR4? Since when was that a thing for motherboards? :huh:

It won't show me the price so I can't comment on that, but otherwise, yeah, it seems alright.

Pretty good specifications, but I would just build one if at all possible, or get someone (or a company) to build it to spec'. If you're a gamer, which I presume you are, try not to go too high with one or the other where graphics and the CPU are concerned. An FX-4100 paired up with an ASUS 760 OC, for example, is a crap match. (speaking from unfortunate past experience hah) An i5 4690k is awesome (not just saying that because I have it!) and would, I image, save you money to be used towards a slightly beefier GPU.

Just be really careful when being these pre-built things. A typical thing I see a lot, is when companies make a computer look fancy (case) but actually have cheap, unreliable parts within. (such as a questionable PSU, low-feature micro-ATX motherboard, basic CPU cooler stunting overclocking potential and potentially causing heating issues, cheap RAM with ample amount, and a low-grade GPU) Might float your boat if you're majorly bargain-hunting and plan to get a better PSU (recommend it) but I would personally just forget it.

A while back, I couldn't be bothered to build one up again, so I just went with a pre-built; t'was a stupid mistake, and an ill-thought-out one at that. (personally, not generally) I ended up with a "gaming rig" that wasn't even remotely a gaming rig, but a glorified office computer with a basic, silent, "HD-capable" GPU. The RAM was cheap and one DIMM on a board (also basic and if I recall correctly, micro-ATX) that supports 4. -_- Yeah, anyway, point is, be careful, ask the seller for the model numbers of each main part. (PSU, Case, PSU, RAM, GPU, etc) and look them up thoroughly.

Never rush it like I did. Actually did that twice - was in a large city near me once and spontaneously bought an Acer computer, naively thinking I could just upgrade it, except the case and PSU was utterly crap for upgrading, and the whole thing would've been a complete waste of time, so I sold it on for less than I bought it!) Be smarter than I was. xD Thank God I eventually just said screw it and built a nice rig up, evolved it a bit, then later another, even nicer rig, which I'm currently using.

Good luck. O7

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel i5 4690K @ Stock
    Motherboard
    ASUS Z97-K
    Memory
    Corsair XM3 DDR3 1600MHz @ 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS 760 OC @ Stock
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    [1] ASUS, 23", AH-IPS, 16:9 [2] Samsung TV, 20", LCD TFT, 16:9
    Screen Resolution
    [1] 1920 x 1080, 60Hz [2] 1680 x 1050, 60Hz
    Hard Drives
    Internal: 500GB, 1TB, (plus SanDisk, SATAIII, 120GB SSD)
    External: 250GB USB2, 1TB External USB3
    PSU
    Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Edition
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Air - 9 Total Fans
    Keyboard
    Xebec Media Line
    Mouse
    Logitech Optical
    Internet Speed
    Approx. 550KBps DL, 100KBps UL (EE)
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky Internet Security
    Other Info
    It's "tower," not desktop!
jds63 i saw another post by you mentioning ddr4 and some other things but it disappeared - don't know where it went
i was mentioning the gigabyte x99 ud3p board seems to be the same one as the ud3 but support for faster DDR4 - i doubt that is going to be that much of an issue personally

overall i think these systems have good bones but were poorly matched
the 970 nvidia is precisely the card i'd put in there also - but i'll wait til they drop in price i dont need the extra power ATM

My Computer

System One

• OS
i agree iw849 , the big box systems are usually application specific designs/end user/low level user/consumer with custom mobo's (many times with poorly sourced components and shorter lifespans) and not very flexible/expandable in most cases

i would have gladly built but these units are selling for less than component prices at retail so it doesn't pay to build atm unless i had to have the better gpu but the 270 ishould suit me just fine for now - albeit i would have had a much better power supply to start and a better SSD and could have picked any case etc.

what makes these systems a bit unique - they are more of a systems integrator/builder than the other big box names
all the parts, mobo, ram, drives, etc are stock retail products with the possible exception of the power supply which is retail in korea but so far i never saw it for sale here, the AZZA case is also retail but the nearest is in canada at present - no usa stock
overall i think its good bones, if i dont get a lemon and it works ill keep it and aim for a 970 like jds63 did - the other stuff as needed

the giga mobo was having some usb issues that may or may not be resolved by the latest revision of the bios
the only semi negative is the 28 pci lanes vs 40 in the 5820k but really the price point is high for something that i well may never use

most of the reviews sounded like end users w/o enough experience to handle the nuances this hashed together system could/would have
the other major failures were the power supplies dying either immediately or within a few days of ownership

thats why i wanted a more advanced users overall opinion after a few months of ownership
even if i have to buy another power supply and tweak the bios and things i'd still be ahead of the curve over a build it looks like

thanks for your input much appreciated

DDR4? Since when was that a thing for motherboards? :huh:

It won't show me the price so I can't comment on that, but otherwise, yeah, it seems alright.

Pretty good specifications, but I would just build one if at all possible, or get someone (or a company) to build it to spec'. If you're a gamer, which I presume you are, try not to go too high with one or the other where graphics and the CPU are concerned. An FX-4100 paired up with an ASUS 760 OC, for example, is a crap match. (speaking from unfortunate past experience hah) An i5 4690k is awesome (not just saying that because I have it!) and would, I image, save you money to be used towards a slightly beefier GPU.

Just be really careful when being these pre-built things. A typical thing I see a lot, is when companies make a computer look fancy (case) but actually have cheap, unreliable parts within. (such as a questionable PSU, low-feature micro-ATX motherboard, basic CPU cooler stunting overclocking potential and potentially causing heating issues, cheap RAM with ample amount, and a low-grade GPU) Might float your boat if you're majorly bargain-hunting and plan to get a better PSU (recommend it) but I would personally just forget it.

A while back, I couldn't be bothered to build one up again, so I just went with a pre-built; t'was a stupid mistake, and an ill-thought-out one at that. (personally, not generally) I ended up with a "gaming rig" that wasn't even remotely a gaming rig, but a glorified office computer with a basic, silent, "HD-capable" GPU. The RAM was cheap and one DIMM on a board (also basic and if I recall correctly, micro-ATX) that supports 4. -_- Yeah, anyway, point is, be careful, ask the seller for the model numbers of each main part. (PSU, Case, PSU, RAM, GPU, etc) and look them up thoroughly.

Never rush it like I did. Actually did that twice - was in a large city near me once and spontaneously bought an Acer computer, naively thinking I could just upgrade it, except the case and PSU was utterly crap for upgrading, and the whole thing would've been a complete waste of time, so I sold it on for less than I bought it!) Be smarter than I was. xD Thank God I eventually just said screw it and built a nice rig up, evolved it a bit, then later another, even nicer rig, which I'm currently using.

Good luck. O7

My Computer

System One

• OS
Sorry macguru felt needed to edit post, really not a big difference in speed from DDR3 to DDR4. DDR4 is just newer RAM used on some of boards today. I bought unit for certain reasons and circumstances of credit being used, i can't say i may of made right choice as most would build there own having the knowledge. Although my knowledge is pretty good even to work with whatever i have under any issues i may come across.

True get best if build your own, most will say you will or could save money, good place to get ideas of how https://pcpartpicker.com/
Model i did buy can go to there site, there can custom build to what you want in it. So with my knowledge, yes i should have built my own.
I do play some games so i felt need to upgrade the card and then felt better PSU.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    84mbps /94mbps
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Norton Security 2015
    Other Info
Back