Solved Taskbar jump list has distorted icons and placing

The culprit seems to be KB3072318. Uninstall that update, reboot and the jump list will be back to normal. Refresh works, but this is much easier.

Nice one!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    Intel Core i3
    Motherboard
    K84C
    Memory
    4 GiB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    BitDefender Free
The culprit seems to be KB3072318. Uninstall that update, reboot and the jump list will be back to normal. Refresh works, but this is much easier.

Thank you! Worked for me too. How did you know it was that update?

The computer was one of a series of brand new HP Elite desktops we were building, the issue popped up yesterday for the first time. So after reading this thread I started un-installing 4 updates that were installed on Thur., one at time with a reboot in between. It was the last one of course.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8

Thank you! Worked for me too. How did you know it was that update?

The computer was one of a series of brand new HP Elite desktops we were building, the issue popped up yesterday for the first time. So after reading this thread I started un-installing 4 updates that were installed on Thur., one at time with a reboot in between. It was the last one of course.
That's what I figured you must have done ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
"The culprit seems to be KB3072318" That nailed it. Thank you! I had spent hours trying to figure how to change the background as the jump lists were nigh on useless the way they were.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1 64-bit Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    sony/ US-SVF15A190X-LBOM
    CPU
    3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3537U (2.00GHz / 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost)
    Motherboard
    sony
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 735M (2GB) hybrid graphics w/ Intel® Wireless Display technology
    Browser
    firefox
    Antivirus
    webroot
I have the same issue by going back from win10 to win 8.1 but the reported update ist not installed so I cannot remove it. Here are the updates which are installed at the moment.
Unbenannt.PNG

any idea what I can do about it?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
I have the same issue by going back from win10 to win 8.1 but the reported update ist not installed so I cannot remove it. Here are the updates which are installed at the moment.
View attachment 64534

Same here...I just installed the update then uninstalled it. Now my jumplists are back to normal.

Thanks guys!

My Computer

System One

• OS
View attachment 64534

try uninstall it manually

in CMD
wusa /uninstall /kb:3072318
and restart, problem should be fixed then

This was the trick! Couldn't find the update in my installed updates list and used the manual command prompt uninstall. After restart the issue was fixed, thanks Strideroy!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Back