• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

System-wide or OS error?

I installed Windows 8.1 x86 to a 4 TB Kingston Passport drive. I booted from it, and upon checking everything, say that my ram was installed, but was limited. I have checked the maximum memory thing in the boot settings.
-- boot settings
-- ram error

I've attached the images below in case you're still using internet explorer and *somehow* accessed this page on it, but they are below in case you cant reach Imgur.

Attachments

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (Windows ToGo on 4TB Passport HDD), Windows 10 (Installed on PC HDD)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Core i7 vPro
    Memory
    8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD Radeon R7750
    Browser
    Chrome, Opera GX
    Antivirus
    AVG, TotalAV

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (Windows ToGo on 4TB Passport HDD), Windows 10 (Installed on PC HDD)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell
    CPU
    Core i7 vPro
    Memory
    8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD Radeon R7750
    Browser
    Chrome, Opera GX
    Antivirus
    AVG, TotalAV
A portion of RAM is set aside for other hardware - see Resource Monitor - Memory - Physical Memory. What does it have to say about Hardware Reserved? I would get a screenshot of this page while you have a 32-bit OS installed, then kick that to the street and install 8.1 or 10 but 64-bit either way - your system will perform much better and might actually be a bit quicker doing work.

I have a 64-bit CPU and a 64-bit OS and 1GB of RAM is set aside for hardware purposes, on my laptop most is going to my R4 graphics on the CPU.

Attachments

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (1.2 Mbps)
If you are running a 32bit version of windows, this is all they are capable of using. This is most likely because of your other system functions or your graphics card. It most likely has vRam ( Virtual Ram) So Windows reservers this and does not allow system to use it. So that is around 700mb of virtual ram. Note that it is dynamic meaning that if ever your computer needs to use more than 3.24GB of RAM, it will scale accordingly and be allowed to use more space.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)