- Windows 8.1 64 bit pc
- 48 GB Ram
- Intel i7 – 3960X CPU
- BoxxTech Computer
- Drive C: SSD - 446 GB
If you require other configuration information, please let me know.
When I first got my new personal computer in January, I created a System Image using Microsoft’s utility. I typically use Acronis for my backups, but after major changes, I use both Microsoft and Acronis.
Now, I am attempting to complete a System Image Backup using Microsoft’s utility so that I can fix my SecureBoot concern, knowing that I have a safety net in place. Unfortunately, I am unable to complete a backup. BoxxTech suggests that I use Microsoft’s utility.
I begin with the File History in the Control Panel as shown below. Note, that I have plenty of room on my FreeAgent F Drive (standalone USB drive). Yet, Microsoft's utility believes otherwise.
Only the three items that shown to be selected are selected. In other words, there are no other drives or partitions off-screen that are selected.
Thinking that it might be a problem with my external USB hard drive, I look at using one of my internal drives, T.
I get the same error message as shown earlier.
Does anyone know of why I am unable to back-up my personal computer using Windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model
- Boxx Technologies, Inc. 4920
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)
- 48.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz (11-11-11-28)
- Graphics Card(s)
- PA241W ([email protected]) PA241W ([email protected]) 2047MB NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (NVIDIA)
- Sound Card
- Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- Monitor(s) Displays
- Two NEC Monitors PA241W on NVIDIA Quadro 4000
- Screen Resolution
- 1920x1200 pixels
- Hard Drives
- ATA INTEL SSDSC2CW48 SCSI Disk Device
- Two ATA ST32000645NS SCSI Disk Devices
- Boxx Technologies
- Water cooled
- MS Natural Keyboard
- Logitech G502
- Internet Speed
- 100 mps
- IE 11, Forefox latest version, Chrome
- Norton 360