Switchable graphics with Intel HD 3000 and Radeon HD 7610M

hasona

Alright so I've got a serious problem here, my manufacturer which is ASUS in my case will NOT be supporting this graphcis card or the computer itself so I'm left out in the dark.
I have tried with everything and I came to the conclusion that modded drivers works the best which still is pretty bad(switchable Graphics profiles are not saved - Adding Photoshop for example today results that in a week it will be wiped out and the performance will be zero)

The generic AMD drivers does not work, the HP drivers works 50-50, I can Control Everything with switchable Graphics
except for the manual program adding and the modded leshcat drivers are not of my liking.

Considering the fact that AMD supports ENDURO on the whole Radeon HD 7000M series I would expect it to work on the generic drivers.

So if anyone got anything that could help my situation I would gladly hear you out.

I'm thinking that using the modded drivers will be my last desperate move.

P.S. I'm also not using the newest Intel Drivers as they are reported to cause problems

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64-bit
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus a53sk
    CPU
    Core i7 2670QM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7610M
Sorry for bumping but is there anyone that can help with this?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Asus a53sk
    CPU
    Core i7 2670QM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7610M
Hello. I'll try to help here.

Do you know where and how to look for drivers?
Sorry it it sounds silly, I'll give you 2 links to try and search drivers there.

The first sites you'll have to check are:
catalog.update.microsoft.com
and
downloadcenter.intel.com

Regarding the first link, you'll need IE browser and you have to be specific to the exact device name or hardware ID's that are found in Device Manager.
See here for more info about hardware ID:
http://www.eightforums.com/hardware-drivers/6378-idt-hd-audio-not-working.html

For the Intel site is also tricky because it doesn't find always what you search.

If the model is older and no Win8 drivers exist, then you'll have to stick to the modded drivers or at least Win7 drivers.

Good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.

Sorry it it sounds silly, I'll give you 2 links to try and search drivers there.

and
downloadcenter.intel.com

Regarding the first link, you'll need IE browser and you have to be specific to the exact device name or hardware ID's that are found in Device Manager.

For the Intel site is also tricky because it doesn't find always what you search.

If the model is older and no Win8 drivers exist, then you'll have to stick to the modded drivers or at least Win7 drivers.

Good luck

At the moment that I got the modded Leshcat drivers to work you replied :p

Thing is I checked the first link at it says that the latest driver released is from the 18th September well Before any Windows 8 support was given to this driver.

But after trying for hours I finally actually Think I've the leshcat drivers fully working. At least I suppose so since rendering is a lot faster on Revit.

So anyways thanks for the link and I will make sure to use the latest one from there when it releases.

As for the Intel site I already have the latest one from them :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Asus a53sk
    CPU
    Core i7 2670QM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7610M
Alright. Good luck further. :)

A problem I got back when using Win8 RP:
On the only radeon-powered computer here, I installed the Application Profile installer and the usability was improved.

link:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

I don't even have Crossfire or whatever Enduro is (old HD 3600) but it worked!
The problem here was: no drivers available, I was using Win8 preinstalled Engineering-Edition-Driver and some full-screen programs (mostly older games) activated the hot corners all the time. After installing the profiles, all worked just like back in Win7.

If you don't have this yet, try to install a recent one. Some (included on list) programs work better afterwards.
It should work with any (compatible) driver you got there working. ;)

Maybe they'll consider releasing newer drivers soon.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Alright. Good luck further. :)

A problem I got back when using Win8 RP:
On the only radeon-powered computer here, I installed the Application Profile installer and the usability was improved.

link:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

I don't even have Crossfire or whatever Enduro is (old HD 3600) but it worked!
The problem here was: no drivers available, I was using Win8 preinstalled Engineering-Edition-Driver and some full-screen programs (mostly older games) activated the hot corners all the time. After installing the profiles, all worked just like back in Win7.

If you don't have this yet, try to install a recent one. Some (included on list) programs work better afterwards.
It should work with any (compatible) driver you got there working. ;)

Maybe they'll consider releasing newer drivers soon.

Quite a coincidence that I actually had those application profiles installed on my PC :p
And they actually fix some problems as you say.

I still am pretty mad that the official AMD drivers doesn't support my
Gfx card, worst of all ASUS have completely abonded my computer model support in WIN8.
This may hurt my long consumer relation to ASUS, if my PC were 2 year's old then I wouldn't complain but it got released in March this year - that's 9month and it is already dead from a support point of view which really is kind of ridiculous!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Asus a53sk
    CPU
    Core i7 2670QM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7610M
Alright so I've got a serious problem here, my manufacturer which is ASUS in my case will NOT be supporting this graphcis card or the computer itself so I'm left out in the dark.
I have tried with everything and I came to the conclusion that modded drivers works the best which still is pretty bad(switchable Graphics profiles are not saved - Adding Photoshop for example today results that in a week it will be wiped out and the performance will be zero)

The generic AMD drivers does not work, the HP drivers works 50-50, I can Control Everything with switchable Graphics
except for the manual program adding and the modded leshcat drivers are not of my liking.

Considering the fact that AMD supports ENDURO on the whole Radeon HD 7000M series I would expect it to work on the generic drivers.

So if anyone got anything that could help my situation I would gladly hear you out.

I'm thinking that using the modded drivers will be my last desperate move.

P.S. I'm also not using the newest Intel Drivers as they are reported to cause problems

HI !
Can you post a link to the HP driver ?
i havent found a thing who work!
got a ASUS k53s (k53sk)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8

and
downloadcenter.intel.com

Good luck

At the moment that I got the modded Leshcat drivers to work you replied :p

Thing is I checked the first link at it says that the latest driver released is from the 18th September well Before any Windows 8 support was given to this driver.

But after trying for hours I finally actually Think I've the leshcat drivers fully working. At least I suppose so since rendering is a lot faster on Revit.

So anyways thanks for the link and I will make sure to use the latest one from there when it releases.

As for the Intel site I already have the latest one from them :)

Hi, which Leshcat drivers are you using? I am facing the same problem!!!

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Back