• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stuck on BIOS setup utility loop

noelian13

System Specs
Brand: Asus
Model G1S-1A
Processor: intel core 2 duo @2.3 ghz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: Geforce 8600M GT 256 mb

Problem:
it was all okay back then i was working with my document on ms office then i had it on sleep the next day when i opened it it was still okay then i decided to shut down my system then run off to work when i got back and turned on this laptop it just won't get passed the bios setup its like this

Open system->asus rog plays with the logo-> then it will enter the bios set up ->when i exit it it will reboot and the process repeats .

What I tried so far
-Made a bootable USB installer of windows 8 and tried to configure the bios to boot from there, nothing it just wont get past that setup utility so its a no go
-tried the bios recovery by pressing CTRL+Home button then powered it up and it restored the bios successfully - nothing happened to the issue
-tried flashing bios to latest version of bios via usb and ez flash nothing happened
-Tried resetting to manufacture defaults of bios nothing
-Tried pressing ctrl while its booting up windows error recovery pops up got two options
start windows normally or startup recovery
when i press start windows... logo appears then it will restart and go get stuck at the bios utility again
if i press recover still the same

* yes hard drive is still detected and no problems so far

any suggestions?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Build 9600
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Toshiba,Acer(2 notebooks)Asus G1S
    CPU