Strange Partitions after total re-install ?

t2419

Hi. I'm new to the forums and I came across something 'weird' I'm trying to figure out. I have spent a few days on re-installing Win 8 on my Lenovo. Multiple attempts. Fortunately the recovery systems always worked and I have been able to get moving from there. So far so good.
What I noticed last time (after booting from usb and telling the recovery program to wipe everything and start over) I have several partitions that seem like they shouldn't be there. So apparently it did not clean my drive totally. Note : before I started trying to take this system back to square 1 I did install a Linux OS (dual boot) and I suspect that what I am seeing is some residue from that.

Anyhoo, my drives (nothing is hidden by the system):

Windows8_OS (C 898 free of 903 GB
WINRE_DRV (D 529 free of 999
LRS_ESP (E 495 free of 496
Local Disk (G 434 free of 450
Local Disk (H 434 free of 450
Local Disk (I 334 free of 349

Should I be concerned that there is a problem at all ?
Can I just hide all the stuff other than 'C:' ?
How can I fix it all , if that's possible ?

Thanks for any help on this one :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo k410
Go into Disk Management and delete the partitions you don't need and then add the unallocated space back.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074
Thanks for the reply :) I deleted some partitions that seemed obviously wrong toward the end, removed some drive letters in Disk Management which cleaned up my 'This PC' view. I think I'll leave it at that for now, but I still am not sure what happened there. It's a bit deep for me.

Attached is a current view of my volumes via Diskpart for anyone that may be curious. Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• diskpart.txt
    764 bytes · Views: 113

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo k410
Back