Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8
This tutorial will show you how to clear the Windows Store cache in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.Published by Airbot Category:
- How to Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to clear the Windows Store cache in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
How to Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 and 8.1
This will not delete any of your installed apps or account settings.
PART ONEClear Store Cache for Default Apps
1. Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
3. In Windows 8 and Windows RT, the Store will now open, and state the following: The cache for the store was cleared. You can now browse the store for apps.
4. In Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, the Store will now open without any message. You can now browse the store for apps.
PART TWOClear Store Cache for 3rd Party Apps
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this section.
5. Open an elevated command prompt.
6. In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter. This will give you the user SID for each account on the PC. Make note of the SID (ex: S-1-5-21-1505978256-3813739684-4272618129-1016) for the user account that apps are not working in. (see screenshot below)
wmic useraccount get name,sid
7. Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap on OK.
8. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
9. In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
10. In the left pane under the AppxAllUserStore key, right click on the SID key (ex: S-1-5-21-1505978256-3813739684-4272618129-1016) from step 6 above, click on Delete, and Yes to approve. (see screenshot above)
11. Close Registry Editor and the elevated command prompt.
12. Restart the computer to apply.
- How to Re-register the Store in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Restore Missing "Store" Tile on Start Screen in Windows 8
- How to Create a "Store" App Shortcut in Windows 8
- How to Update Windows Store Apps in Windows 8
- How to Install Metro Apps from Windows 8 Store
- How to Add, Edit, or Remove a Payment Method to your Account in Windows 8 Store
- How to Sign in with a Different Microsoft Account to the Store in Windows 8
- How to Enable or Disable Store in Windows 8
- How to Remove "Your PCs" from the Store in Windows 8
- How to Search for Apps in the Store in Windows 8
- Troubleshoot and Fix Store App Issues in Windows 8 with "Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter"
- How to Sync App Licenses in Windows 8
Last edited by a moderator:
- System Manufacturer/Model
- Monkey Trainer Extraordinaire
- My toilet habits are a private matter, thanks.
- She finds stuff to do.
- Not that I can recall.
- Graphics Card(s)
- XXX rated
- Sound Card
- Monitor(s) Displays
- Monitors are lizards.
- Screen Resolution
- I haven't found one yet.
- Hard Drives
- Sure isn't easy driving.
- Again, toilet habits are a private matter.
- 2 ice cubes.
- Nar, it has other key friends.
- Internet Speed
- Warp 9.9