startup error - page fault in nonpaged area after update

teebee

Almost two weeks ago I came down to my Win 8.1 computer and it was waiting on me to re-start it after an update. I go ahead and restart the computer, but it churns and churns and finally comes up with the error that there is a problem and can't start. The page fault in nonpaged area. It wants tells me it's collecting data and then tries restarting again. Then it tries to restore, so I choose a point clear back to November 2014. It proceeds but it still comes up with the same error and won't start.

I finally get it to come up in safe mode and run SFC, but it finds no problems. I check the events log, but it doesn't make any sense. I also have run Malwarebytes and found no problems. I know that this is something that can be fixed, or else I doubt Safe mode would run. How do I go about trying to figure out what is causing my problem? Oh in Safe mode the computer won't access the internet so I have to use another computer (my trusty old XP machine is sitting very near).

The computer is one that I built with Asus M3A7B motherboard, AMD 3 core processor, 4GB RAM, 1TBHDD, Radeon 5000 series video card.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Apparently no one can help so I just wiped out the drive and started over....couldn't wait for ever. Thanks anyway.:think:

My Computer

System One

• OS
this can be caused by bad Ram.

open a search box, look for Windows Memory Diagnostic, open the dialogue and run the diagnostic (it will involve rebooting your computer).

If your Ram turns out to be good, I would suggest opening a thread in the BSOD Crashes and Debugging forum.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Built
    CPU
    Intel i5-4590
    Motherboard
    MSI h97 PC Mate
    Memory
    Kingston Valu Ram 2 x 8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon r7 265
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic 22" flat display
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 250 gb 840 evo SSD,
    WD Blue 1 TB HD,
    Fantom 2 TB ext HD
    PSU
    Corsair 600 W
    Case
    Antec 1
    Cooling
    stock CPU cooler, 4 x case fans, GPU fan and P/S fan
    Keyboard
    HP ps/2 keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech Trackman Marble
    Internet Speed
    50 mb/s
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton Security Suite
Thanks, but you're about 3 hours too late. I've wiped it out and started again. It is running just fine, but if I experience problems with this install, I'll come back for (hopefully) help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back