How to Download a "Start" Screen Shortcut in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will provide you with a Start button shortcut that will open your Start screen directly on your main display in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
1. Click/tap on wither the icon or Download button below for what you want to use for your Start shortcut, and to download it's ZIP file.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the Start.exe file to your desktop.
NOTE: This is a standalone .exe file that has a digital certificate and does not install or add anything to your computer.
4. You can now move the .exe file to where you would like to keep it saved at, then Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, or create a shortcut from the .exe file.
NOTE: If you create a shortcut from the Start.exe file, then you could also assign a keyboard shortcut to the created shortcut.
- How to Open the "Start" Screen in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- How to Add or Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 8
- How to Pin or Unpin a App, Folder, Library, or Drive on the "Start" Screen in Windows 8
- How to Pin and Unpin Websites from IE10 to Start Screen in Windows 8
- How to Change Number of Apps Rows on "Start" Screen in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Resize Windows Store Apps Tiles to be Smaller or Larger in Windows 8 "Start" Screen
- How to Name or Rename a Group of Apps in Windows 8 "Start" Screen
- Change Your Start and Sign in Screen Background and Color in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- How to Restore the Start Menu in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Set Start Screen to Open on Last or Main Display when Pressing Windows key in Windows 8.1
- How to Allow or Prevent Users from Customizing Start Screen in Windows 8 and 8.1