With Classic shell, I still have a start button and a menu, but the way I have it configured, if I move my mouse all the way to the corner (which is the technique Microsoft wants us to get used to) then the start screen icon overlays and clicking it brings me to the start screen. I think this is the best way to use Windows 8. It blends the new with the old in a way that enables the most amount of function and choice. That of course, is just my opinion...
The main thing I like about the classic start button is I can click on it & easily open multiple Windows Paint or other programs.
Sometimes I am editing a screen shot & need several Paint windows active.
Being able to SEE what needs to be done is better than explaining it in words.
- Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model
- AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
- Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
- Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
- Graphics Card(s)
- ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
- Sound Card
- AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
- Monitor(s) Displays
- Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
- Screen Resolution
- Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
- Hard Drives
Name AMD K140
Package Socket FT1 BGA
Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Extended Family 14
Extended Model 2
- Opera 24.0
- Avast Internet Security