Sony kills Xbox One -where now for MS

Well done SONY!!!

Maybe that will help show these mega corps that users value their liberty.

Will MS take that on board for their operating systems? Only if there is a viable alternative which does not seek to control and manipulate the users.

It might be coming.

$399 Playstation4 Pre-Order

[video=youtube;g8qJuhCOmcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g8qJuhCOmcs[/video]

Final nail in the coffin for Xbox One ?

[video=youtube;xOwA46785pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOwA46785pk[/video]

(Thanks to WishMaster for the heads up )

And I couldn't agree more.

You've just perfectly summed-up what I was just sitting here thinking.

Wenda.

Thanks, I'm glad you feel the same.

If there is one thing that can rile me up more than Windows 8 it's messing around with childhood hobby.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
I'm happy to see Sony coming hard with the ps4. $100 to many is going to be the deal breaker.

Specs overall look better on the ps4, faster ram, better video card. Just the fear of DRM will sway some people. Lots will boil down to the used game market and what really happens. And major props to Sony for making the console region free. And no internet check in required..Just out off principal I'm all for that.

I'm currently an owner of both a ps3 and a 360. I play all my multiplayer games on the 360, I play most single player games on the 360. I use the ps3 for blu Ray, for Netflix and for home streaming. I like the simplified ps3 menu much better. Without a doubt, I love the 360 controller better.
Ahhh.... It stops being a dealbreaker to me.

The Xbox One includes a better gaming platform, a SUPERIOR Kinect sensor than the first gen included which will actually enabled game developers to utilize that than before when it wasn't included, and Windows Azure cloud computing.

In a handful of years down the road when current console graphics are being somewhat limited, the question will again rise of will there be new console hardware? This whole debacle again. But that will be limited to Playstations, because the Xbox One is future proofed for a few generations with the Azure cloud service and providing the potential of THREE Xbox Ones in terms of graphical computing. Where the PS 4 on paper sounds like a better gaming rig, that will only last for so long whereas the One has cloud offloading to make the console last a good genuine eight years at least without being a tired system.

The Kinect sensor is what makes the deal better, because the Xbox also has TV capabilities of which will be perfect to use voice commands for to switch from TV to a game on the fly. Since it is now included in ALL systems, game developers have a better incentive to use it than they did before where it was just an addon accessory. So things like sports games can become MUCH more interactive and FPS games can become more interactive as well through hand gesturing as well as speech features.

And since obviously it has been known that more hours have been logged for the first time ever with consoles outside of gaming (video playback), it makes perfect sense to adapt the console for such. The Xbox One does this MUCH better. It's a multi-entertainment system, not just a simple console. It's almost like a HTPC.

This is one of the most short sighted and asinine things I've heard. It's because of consumers like you who lap this stuff up that MS is even attempting to do this.

You claim people who are concerned with Kinect are wearing tinfoil hats, even after all this news about PRISM and the NSA? Do you think that the Xbox One will be somehow immune to National Security Letters? This is like crack to a crack head. Better yet, you even paid to install this in your living room and paying for the bandwidth to upload it into MS servers so they can do the wizbang magic so MS can say there is no "direct" access by the government to their servers.

...I don't know if you've noticed but the response has been extremely negative and they are absolutely being trounced right now in the press and rightly so. I hope they fall and fall hard.

I couldn't care less about license agreements and the legal voodoo that software makers feel like is their birthright. The value of books is in their content. The same with music and movies. They do not degrade after using them once. Yet, there is a second hand market for them. I can sell my movies on ebay, watch it today or 30 years from now, give it away, or throw it away. All without obtaining permission from anyone. I worked for my money. I spent my hard earned money on your product.

If MS is successful with this, then consumer rights will have even further eroded. Once this ground has been given up, it will be almost impossible for consumers to regain it. We won't ever be able to own a game again.

I would like to thank you for your contribution to the further erosion of gamer and consumer rights.

:ditto:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I'm happy to see Sony coming hard with the ps4. $100 to many is going to be the deal breaker.

Specs overall look better on the ps4, faster ram, better video card. Just the fear of DRM will sway some people. Lots will boil down to the used game market and what really happens. And major props to Sony for making the console region free. And no internet check in required..Just out off principal I'm all for that.

I'm currently an owner of both a ps3 and a 360. I play all my multiplayer games on the 360, I play most single player games on the 360. I use the ps3 for blu Ray, for Netflix and for home streaming. I like the simplified ps3 menu much better. Without a doubt, I love the 360 controller better.
Ahhh.... It stops being a dealbreaker to me.

The Xbox One includes a better gaming platform, a SUPERIOR Kinect sensor than the first gen included which will actually enabled game developers to utilize that than before when it wasn't included, and Windows Azure cloud computing.

In a handful of years down the road when current console graphics are being somewhat limited, the question will again rise of will there be new console hardware? This whole debacle again. But that will be limited to Playstations, because the Xbox One is future proofed for a few generations with the Azure cloud service and providing the potential of THREE Xbox Ones in terms of graphical computing. Where the PS 4 on paper sounds like a better gaming rig, that will only last for so long whereas the One has cloud offloading to make the console last a good genuine eight years at least without being a tired system.

The Kinect sensor is what makes the deal better, because the Xbox also has TV capabilities of which will be perfect to use voice commands for to switch from TV to a game on the fly. Since it is now included in ALL systems, game developers have a better incentive to use it than they did before where it was just an addon accessory. So things like sports games can become MUCH more interactive and FPS games can become more interactive as well through hand gesturing as well as speech features.

And since obviously it has been known that more hours have been logged for the first time ever with consoles outside of gaming (video playback), it makes perfect sense to adapt the console for such. The Xbox One does this MUCH better. It's a multi-entertainment system, not just a simple console. It's almost like a HTPC.

This is one of the most short sighted and asinine things I've heard. It's because of consumers like you who lap this stuff up that MS is even attempting to do this.

You claim people who are concerned with Kinect are wearing tinfoil hats, even after all this news about PRISM and the NSA? Do you think that the Xbox One will be somehow immune to National Security Letters? This is like crack to a crack head. Better yet, you even paid to install this in your living room and paying for the bandwidth to upload it into MS servers so they can do the wizbang magic so MS can say there is no "direct" access by the government to their servers.

24 hour check-in? Oh yeah, lovely. As a former submariner, I suspect there are a lot of happy sailors on subs and ships and soldiers in Afghanistan. My Xbox 360 is permanently offline. I went out of my way to make it so because I was sick of looking at advertisements plastered all over the place. Sometimes, I just want to get lost in a game and roam the worlds of Oblivion and Fallout without concern regarding my connection. It is a added layer of complexity that is most definitely consumer hostile.

MS absolutely infuriated me with their arrogance and they need a huge serving of humble pie. Now I need to follow some kind of flow chart before I can lend someone a game and vice versa? Are you kidding me?

What happens when the servers go offline? MS can now dictate the end of the Xbox One generation at their discretion when the time for Xbox 2 comes around. Transfer games? How did that work out with the Xbox Live games that were purchased?

30,000 servers? LMAO, the power of the "cloud". Voodoo magic here. In a console war where the difference in bandwidth between DDR3 and GDDR5 is a huge difference, where the physical distance between RAM and CPU is an impediment, you are going to offload things to a server miles away? I also highly doubt there are 30k physical servers. More than likely it will be some sort of scalable server that can create virtual ones and thus 30k servers. This is pure conjecture on my part but whatever. Regardless, it is tiresome hearing "but 30k servers" as the answer to everything.

I don't know if you've noticed but the response has been extremely negative and they are absolutely being trounced right now in the press and rightly so. I hope they fall and fall hard.

I couldn't care less about license agreements and the legal voodoo that software makers feel like is their birthright. The value of books is in their content. The same with music and movies. They do not degrade after using them once. Yet, there is a second hand market for them. I can sell my movies on ebay, watch it today or 30 years from now, give it away, or throw it away. All without obtaining permission from anyone. I worked for my money. I spent my hard earned money on your product.

Customs can be stronger than law. My first system was a NES. I owned it. I owned the cartridges. Games were $60-$80 a pop in 1980s dollars. Did I trade games? Damn right I did and it was glorious. The success rate of convincing parents to drop that kind of dough for games was extremely low. Each and every cartridge was a treasure. Mozying on over to a friends house with Super Mario Bros 3 while we all gathered round to watch someone play, maybe even let them hold on to it for a few days. That is console gaming to me. I'm not worried about my license to use the game. That is my expectation and experience thus far.

If MS is successful with this, then consumer rights will have even further eroded. Once this ground has been given up, it will be almost impossible for consumers to regain it. We won't ever be able to own a game again.

Basically, you will be leasing your console and games from MS and that very company will have the kill switch.

Tinfoil hat? Yeah, whatever. Try playing Halo 2. I doubt Xbox One will be around 20 years from now. Why would I play old games? Some games are like old friends. I still play FFVII every now and again for the nostalgia, Kingdom Hearts is timeless, and maybe I want to share it with my kid in the future? Who knows? Regardless, it's not a matter of "why should I want to" as seems to be the gut response of the proponents of the Xbox One. The question is "why shouldn't I be able to".

Rant over.

I would like to thank you for your contribution to the further erosion of gamer and consumer rights. MS and the publishers thank you.

I could not have said it better, Thank you!
It's a pity that "we" are the minority and the future of the lemmings is up on us.

Now I'm off to check the stock market and invest in tinfoil production companies, we'll need them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Build
    CPU
    I7 920 @ 4.2GHZ
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    Memory
    6Gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce 970 GTX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Benq 24' and Envision 22"
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200 and 1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    5 internal total with 3.3 TB and 3 external with a total of 6 TB
    PSU
    1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master
    Cooling
    Water cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    MS Trackball & Logitech Touchpad
    Internet Speed
    18Mb down 3Mb up
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Pure arrogance! This is the face of the new MS!!!!

With gamers still smarting over the company’s $499 pricing announcement for the Xbox One, the head of the Xbox division has ruffled more feathers in addressing concerns about the system’s demand for a internet connection.

"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity - it's called Xbox 360," Don Mattrick told Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

Link to story: Microsoft to gamers: No internet? Buy a 360 | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

Geeve

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Dual Boot: Back to W7 and Ubuntu 12.04
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Dimension E521
    CPU
    AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 dual-core
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB
    Sound Card
    M-Audio Mobile Pre USB External
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 1916W
    Screen Resolution
    1440X900
    Hard Drives
    250 GB internal main, 500 GB internal backup, 1TB External
    PSU
    300 Watt (Dell stock)
    Case
    Dell Stock
    Keyboard
    Dell
    Mouse
    Dell
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    MSE/Defender or whatever it's called now
    Other Info
    Acer aspire One D255, Windows 8.1.1 Pro, 2GB Ram, Intel Atom N450 1.6Ghz
it's starting to look great on the family sharing front!

here's what we knew before:
How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One

Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

• Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing,you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.
  • Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.
  • Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

here's what was just added to the details:

Microsoft defends the Xbox One’s licensing, used game policies | Ars Technica

It's a "family" affair

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

so let's play this scenario out:

you are allowed up to 10 people per family list. you can choose who are your 9 family/friends. you have access to the whole gaming library of each family member. let's say person A owns 10 titles. person B owns 5 titles. person C owns 15 titles. person D owns 10 titles. that's 40 titles of games you can plan with the restriction being the game can be played by one person only simultaneously. now, expand this to a full list of 10 people and their entire gaming library. if you and your friends are clever, you can evenly buy different games and have a nice library.

someone went back and looked at the terms and how it could be restrictive and arrived at this conclusion: it appears to restrict it as if one of your "family" is accessing your library, others cannot access your library during that time. meaning this... person A owns 10 games. person B owns 5 games. person C owns 15 games. person D owns 10 games. if person B is playing a game on person's A list of games, person C and person D cannot play a game from person A's list. however, that means person C can still play the games from person B, person C or person D. And between the 4 friends in this example, they should be able to figure out how which of the 40 pooled games to play without conflict. So even is this is the restriction, it would be a boon for a person to have access to each other's games. Now stretch this out to the full 10 person list and wow, that's a nice library. But I can laugh of the possibility of people going, "oh, you don't own enough games to be on my family list"

Microsoft is already trying to eliminate the distinction between disc and digital. Once you install the disc, you no longer need the disc. And once you install the disc, you have the digital equivalent. And if you go play at another Xbox One system at your house or another house, you can play that digital game at whatever location (though of course, you have to either download it to that location or bring the disc with you to install it).

lots of ways this could be restricted. maybe there's a time limit so that once you add a friend to the list, you cannot add/remove him immediately to prevent people constantly switching the list to play something else. like the license transfer which can only be switched once every 4 months on the 360. if there's a time limit, you might be inclined to save some slots for the future.

Looking at this generation, many friends groups bought games together. the peer pressure factor to play the same game together. now, it's easy to say that if 10 friends each buy different games, everyone places nice and decides who plays what to not bump into the 1 person limit. but really, Kingdom Hearts 3 come out and friend B really wants to play it but friend A is busy with it. Is friend B going to really wait until friend A is done? most likely he's going to buy it himself. and most of the games are multiplayer. friends will not want to share a multiplayer game. they want Call of Duty, they'll buy CoD even if it's possible to share the game.

if anything, I can see this family list as a way to entice people to buy more games. would you add a friend to that list that never buys games? of course not. I'm not having leeches on my list. I'd expect anyone on my list to buy at least comparably to me or to at least a respectable manner in line with their abilities. now, I understand people have varying levels of income but if they're my friend, I'd have some sense of what they can afford and I would definitely take that into consideration. one of my friends does the Gamestop rental (buy the game, beat it up for 7 days, then returns it for essentially a free 7 day rental). while I love playing with her, I'd definitely leave her off my list. does this design favor the rich? well, what system doesn't favor the rich? real estate speculation is mostly driven by the rich. and Microsoft and its partners would love to see that money. And another thing. If you and your friends are smartly buying different games, that essentially means a wider range of titles are being bought which can only be good for publishers since right now in the current market, it's the biggies that get the most sales while the lesser advertised games get the remaining crumbs.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Pure arrogance! This is the face of the new MS!!!!

With gamers still smarting over the company’s $499 pricing announcement for the Xbox One, the head of the Xbox division has ruffled more feathers in addressing concerns about the system’s demand for a internet connection.

"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity - it's called Xbox 360," Don Mattrick told Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

Link to story: Microsoft to gamers: No internet? Buy a 360 | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

Geeve

I think it is absolutely silly to tell customers stick with the old system if you can't get online. I work in the Oil and Gas Industry and all our rigs the guys have a system in the media room or sometimes in their own rooms if they are lucky enough to have a tv. They do not have internet connections though. Seems silly to me to completely dismiss potential customers and on top of it be so arrogant about it. They deserve to lose this era of the console wars if that is their attitude.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 (Intel X79 Chipset)
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
    Graphics Card(s)
    2 EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX SLI 2.0 4GB GDDR5 256bit
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell U3014 Black 30"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1600
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 830 256GB SATA6Gb/s,1TB 7200RPM (32MB Cache), 1TB External WD Mybook 1140, Seagate Freeagent GOFlex 1TB, Samsung SSD 840 Pro
    Case
    Cooler Master 942 HAF X
    Cooling
    Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech G710 Mechanical Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech G 502 Proteus Core
Well, it seem like the majority has spoken. :roflmao:

[h=1]Amazon thrilled by unprecedented preorders for Microsoft's Xbox One[/h]
By Michael Archambault, Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:06 pm

6646.XboxOne_Reserve_Boxshot_Leftangle_RGB.png

Yesterday, Amazon.com announced that they were blown away by a record breaking number of preorders for the Xbox One. The company noted that within four hours, they had sold through most of their Xbox One Day One Edition inventory.
John Love, Director of US Video Games and Software at Amazon.com, stated that:
“We were thrilled by the unprecedented demand we saw for Xbox One today. In the first four hours of preorder availability, we sold through most of our Xbox One Day One Edition inventory. Customers eager to get an Xbox One should visit our store at Amazon.com/xboxone to ensure they keep up-to-date on the latest information. We are excited to be working with Microsoft to deliver the next generation of games and entertainment”
Despite harsh criticism for Xbox One’s need to check in online, inability to trade used games, and always on Kinect policy – the system is selling like hotcakes.
Anyone, besides me, preorder an Xbox One yet?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Tablet
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Dell Venue 8 Pro, i5 2500K overclocked PC
    CPU
    i5
    Memory
    4gb Surface Pro, 8gb PC
While I have never made a habit of coming here and bagging Win 8 or MS, for me, this is pretty-well the final straw from MS.

Looks like Win 8 will be the last product of theirs that I'll purchase.

This X-box One shambles, then the offensive and plainly ignorant comment by Don Mattrick, coming on top of their continued refusal to listen to Win 8 desktop users, and Sinofsky's 'smart' (not) remarks leads me to the conclusion that nothing will improve till the whole current management team is gone, including Ballmer.

But by then, so will I.

MS has screwed the pooch one too often for me. Obviously customers are now nothing but cash-cows, and it's all about the money. Well, they're not getting any more of mine, and they've only themselves to blame.

I'm voting with my wallet, and it's screaming LINUX! at me right now.

Why should I be expected to show loyalty to a company who obviously has none for me?

Wenda.

EDIT: No, I do not own an X-Box, and after this I never will.

Not even if it was free.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer AS8951G 'Desktop Replacement'.
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD w/Dolby 5.1 surround.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba 750GBx2 internal. 1x2TB, 2x640GB, 1x500GB external.
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro.
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.

[h=1]Amazon thrilled by unprecedented preorders for Microsoft's Xbox One[/h]

Yesterday, Amazon.com announced that they were blown away by a record breaking number of preorders for the Xbox One. The company noted that within four hours, they had sold through most of their Xbox One Day One Edition inventory.
“We were thrilled by the unprecedented demand we saw for Xbox One today. In the first four hours of preorder availability, we sold through most of our Xbox One Day One Edition inventory. Customers eager to get an Xbox One should visit our store at Amazon.com/xboxone to ensure they keep up-to-date on the latest information. We are excited to be working with Microsoft to deliver the next generation of games and entertainment”
Despite harsh criticism for Xbox One’s need to check in online, inability to trade used games, and always on Kinect policy – the system is selling like hotcakes.

It's interesting that you should think it's a matter for laughter.

I do not.

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.

Amazon thrilled by unprecedented preorders for Microsoft's Xbox One

I am remembering the Surface Pro sales they sold all in just a few hours all 10 of them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
There are a number of MS fanatics who will buy anything MS as soon as it comes out. If you recall, MS themselves bought about 83,000 surface machines - no wonder they were in short supply for a while.

This is what MS are doing it for:

If MS is successful with this, then consumer rights will have even further eroded.

Anything else is to tempt the gullible.

One can understand MS trying it on to gain more control and money.

It is particularly sickening that a few posters are collaborating with them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

Couldn't agree more.

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
I am remembering the Surface Pro sales they sold all in just a few hours all 10 of them.

Yea, seems to be SOP for ms... hard to believe some folks still buy into such nonsense.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
I hate to say it but for the majority of people it will be game availability and superior quality that will sell a console. A lot of people don't even know what DRM is, let alone why it's a bad thing for consumers.

As much as I loath MS direction, there's no denying that the 360 was superior in graphics and framerate vs the PS3. That's my primary interest.

Although for the non-initiated, the used game restriction is a huge deal breaker.

I'd personally love the PS4 to provide the better platform performance wise.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vanilla 8 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    SmartEyeball Custom Systems
    CPU
    Intel 3770K @4.8ghz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 WS
    Memory
    16GB G.Skill Trident 2666mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    3x Gigabyte GTX 670 OC WindForce SLI
    Sound Card
    SB X-FI Surround 5.1 PRO USB + ATH-AD900 Headphones
    Monitor(s) Displays
    x3 Dell U2410 / 58" Samsung / "40 Sony
    Screen Resolution
    5760*1200/1920*1200 / 1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    2x Intel 520 240GB * Crucial M4 128GB * 2x Samsung F3 1TB (RAID 0) * 2x WD Caviar Blacks 2TB (RAID 0)
    PSU
    Corsair AX1200
    Case
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Topre Realforce // Ducky Shine MX Black // Filco Ninja TKL
    Mouse
    Razer Imperator + Thermaltake Theron
    Other Info
    Laptop Specs: Clevo Sager P170HM // 17.3 Matte 1920x1200 // i7 2720QM // 8GB 1333mhz // Dedicated GTX 485M // 240GB Intel 520 + 750GB + Blu-Ray // Samsung Story 2TB USB 3.0 // NexStar USB 3.0 enclosure 500GB
There are a number of MS fanatics who will buy anything MS as soon as it comes out. If you recall, MS themselves bought about 83,000 surface machines - no wonder they were in short supply for a while.

This is what MS are doing it for:

If MS is successful with this, then consumer rights will have even further eroded.

Anything else is to tempt the gullible.

One can understand MS trying it on to gain more control and money.

Hi there
I can't understand why you are so anti Ms -- why not go and join an APPLE or LINUX Forum.

ALL Private companies exist basically TO MAKE MONEY --that's what Capitalism is --certainly not a perfect system but it seems even with its flaws to work better than anything else we have around at the moment.

Who do you think will pay for your Pensions etc if the Stock holders don't make any money - or will you retire to some tiny plot of land somewhere and become totally independent from the rest of the population growing your own food etc. Where will the jobs come from for people to earn money if we drive these companies out -- certainly the Govt can't keep printing money for ever -- even the US Federal govt runs out of money from time to time. How are Schools / health care / social programs funded -- if the taxpayer can't earn money due to lack of jobs then the whole system collapses which might be what you want - but the vast majority want decent jobs etc and these don't get created by driving profitable organisations out.

I agree that some of the CEO's of large organisations get paid HUGE amounts for FAILURE - aks "Fred the Shred" who walked away from a failed Bank with a million GBP Pension fund - but as I said it's not a perfect system.

And if we are talking about Greed --what about Google in the UK -- Many BILLIONS earned but just a few Million paid in corporation tax -- but again in my mind if there are flaws in the tax system it's not the COMPANIES fault -- they are complying with the Law --it's the INEPT POLITICIANS who enact legislation that allows this type of situation to exist.

Remember also the Bill Gates pays via his foundation more money to charity / 3rd world projects than almost any other organisation on earth --including a large number of entire countries.

Let's get back to basics rather than complaining about the sheer Greed of company "A" vs that of Company "B".

There are plenty of other places on the web and elsewhere where you can "Put the world to Right".

Finally as a consumer you always have the right to buy or not to buy -- and if people don't like the direction Ms is going in then somebody can start a company going in a new direction --that's how it always works - people think there's a better marketing model or a better product. It's been like that ever since commerce first started around 7,000 years ago.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
considering how great the family sharing plan is, it's surprising more people aren't in support.

you buy Kingdom Hearts 3, Assassin's Creed IV, and Titanfall. friend 1 buys Watchdogs, CoD, and BF4. friend 2 is a Kinect nut and buys Kinect Sports Rivals, Zumba Fitness, and Ryse. friend 3 buys Need for Speed, Forza Motorsport 5, and Halo.

now, by what Microsoft is publically saying in their license policy and in interviews. you want to play Zumba Fitness. okay, you play it. friend 1 and friend 3 cannot play it since only 1 person can play the game simultaneously. now, it's unclear if the owner of Zumba Fitness can play it at the same time as you but the verbiage suggests it might be the case. now, friend 1 and 3 cannot play Zumba, but let's say friend 1 wants to play your Kingdom Hearts 3. perfectly fine. you're already playing Zumba. friend 1 has Kingdom Hearts. now friend 3 can't play either Kingdom Hearts or Zumba while you guys are playing those games. he'll play Titanfall.
you see how this can be a windfall if true (and by looking at the terms, it appears to be true)? you only bought 3 games but you can play from 9 games. or if you all happen to be playing at the exact same time, since 2 games are occupied, you can play 7 games. great considering you only paid for 3 games!

the worst case scenario is all 10 of you play games at the same time of day. that means you're all in the scrum to get a title. but with a 10-person group (and assuming you each get some games), that's a nice library. Microsoft is betting that you're not going to share because really, most people play multiplayer and will want to play with their friends.

and do you see the advantage of this being digital as well? in real life, if I give you Kingdom Hearts and you drive home to play it. a couple days later, your friend wants it back so he can play. well, if you're a decent friend at all, you have to bring it back. you didn't get the chance to finish the game in only 2 days and now you have to return it. but digitally, your friend wants to play it, you exit the game, he loads the game. quick and easy.

and let's take this even further. I have my friends/family list of 10 people. But that 10 people doesn't have to match your 10-person list. I'm one of your 10 people but your other 8 people are totally different than my other 8 people. so you're not stuck to the gaming tastes of my friends.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
No.

I want to buy a game once, and pay for it once.

And then, short of pirating it for profit, I want to be able to do any goddam thing I want with it. Whenever I want.

Under no circumstances will I tolerate being tied to the internet by it. I do not, and will not game online, and I don't want a game that forces me to be online at any time.

But there are enough quality games around for the PC, going back over 25+ years, and not every publisher is on the 'Bleed-Em-Dry' trail, so I'm still spoiled for choice.

Wenda.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7-2670QM@2.2/3.1Ghz.
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB@1366Mhz.
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built-in. Non-touch.
    Screen Resolution
    18/4" 1920x1080 full-HD.
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Stock.
    Case
    Laptop.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    Full 101-key
    Mouse
    USB cordless.
    Browser
    IE11, Firefox, Tor.
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    BD-ROM drive.
Hi there
I can't understand why you are so anti Ms -- why not go and join an APPLE or LINUX Forum.

Brilliant plan. That way, the ones who remain can all do their bobblehead impersonations...

"yup yup yup good good good yup yup yup good good good" (ok, ya gotta sorta picture a bunch of bobbleheads bobblying when ya read that last part.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Hi there

Brilliant plan. That way, the ones who remain can all do their bobblehead impersonations...

"yup yup yup good good good yup yup yup good good good" (ok, ya gotta sorta picture a bunch of bobbleheads bobblying when ya read that last part.)

Hi there
Of course there are things wrong with W8 - but hearing the same mouthings over and over again ad Nauseam doesn't actually HELP anybody who wants to USE the products -- there are actually some very good things in W8 as well as the often quoted quite horrible ones's too.

Nobody is saying Ms is 100% good - but it's not (unlike some individuals who know who they are who continually say Ms is evil) 100% evil either - and honestly it's much better to HELP users get the most out of their systems rather than just telling them again and again "ad Nauseam" to use something else - and believe me if Windows were to be replaced by ANY flavour of Linux on the desktops there would be CONSIDERABLY more chaos and gnashing of teeth for people trying to help non technical users to get their machines to work - or even install software properly.

Constructive criticism is also helpful - but just saying I don't like XXXX doesn't give either the Manufacturer or any prospective user any help whatsoever.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
dirtyvu
considering how great the family sharing plan is, it's surprising more people aren't in support.
You are trying to bury the crucial point.

Xbox One will remove consumer rights.

Everything else is insignificant.

You remind of the PPI missellers, highlighting all the wonderful benefits of the insurance - selling the idea of peace of mind for the Future. The downsides were barely mentioned.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back