Solved something popping up saying softwear bad and will delete itself

commander

did it once yesterday and again 10 minutes ago. it says the 8.1 software is corrupt and all files will delete in 30 seconds. and then the clock counts backward. and when to get rid of it I get another screen pop up asking if I want to close the page, but it will not allow it. in fact the only way to close the page is to manually turn off the PC.

anybody know what is going on here and if I click on where it says something about the corrupt soft wear will be replaced. I think that is what it said.

I may need to get a fast photo of it next time if nobody knows what it is.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    msn.com
    Antivirus
    norton
I haven't seen that one yet and would be interested in seeing a screenshot of what it is.
If you are seeing this while on the Internet you should be able to close it out in Task Manager and ending the task of the browser you are using instead of manually shutting the computer down.
Does your security program report anything? It would be good have an idea on the source of that pop-up and I suspect it's a scam.
Please make sure your security program is up-to-date, check it's history and then run a full security scan.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
it has come up twice but so far not a third time. if it does i'll post a screenshot if I remember to take one. not sure what the source of it is.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dell i660s-5390bk
    CPU
    1tb
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel
    Browser
    msn.com
    Antivirus
    norton
Determining the source can be difficult. In most cases of scams I've noticed the source is available sometimes at the bottom of the pop-up, sometimes hovering at the top. On the source, what I mean is, is there a link from where the scam come from or actual company it comes from. For example here is an easy one from a company on a computer I worked on recently.
What hurts is it even shows Norton on the upper right section. I'm going to see if I can find one that has the link.

Attachments

• WinTonic 05-16-18.JPG
    WinTonic 05-16-18.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 95

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
Back