Someone accessed my Gmail from my own IP. What to do?

Perhaps the person with the Chinese browser is Chinese him or herself??? or is actually one of those Chinese hacker types out to hack us all.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy 700-414
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 4570 3.20ghz
    Memory
    12 gigabyte
    Graphics Card(s)
    INTEL HD 4600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Pavilion 22bw
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x1080
    Hard Drives
    2TB
    PSU
    460w
    Keyboard
    Hp Wireless cichlet style
    Mouse
    Logitech m 100
    Internet Speed
    Charter Cable Wireless
    Browser
    INTERNET EXPLORER 11
    Antivirus
    NORTON 360
You can "trust" your computer and devices so that you don't have to enter it all the time. Then you only need it on strange computers and it will leave scallywags who somehow get your password out in the cold.

I'll give it another try, but I tend to get on my nerves with so many passwords everywhere and all these many devices and programs and technostress.

Perhaps the person with the Chinese browser is Chinese him or herself??? or is actually one of those Chinese hacker types out to hack us all.

The owner of this chinese browser is chinese. I have been communicating with him in the browser forums and also by email.

Indeed it sounds weird and scary for western people like most of us here, but the truth is that a very big percentage of software we use every day is already made in China. Specially on Android, lots of the best apps are made in China or Russia, enemy and scary countries. I for one have been using chinese browsers for lots of years because they happened to be the best ones for what I want. Usually, they take a successful one such as Internet Explorer or Chrome and improve them with lots of very handy features included by default. So I started using Maxthon, based on IExplorer for years, then moved to ChromePlus for years and now that it has been abandoned I moved to Cowoon and then to 7star, all three chinese and based on Chrome, and all three really what I wanted and working really well with those great extra features.

Do I trust them? No more and no less than I trust american software and the american government. Meaning, zero, meaning that we all know they spy on us and still we use our computers and the internet.

http://www.qixing123.com/
Coowon browser, the best chrome based browser, especially for gamers!
CoolNovo Browser - Formerly ChromePlus, fast and safe web browser with IE Tab
Maxthon Cloud Browser | Fast & Secure Browsers | Download Maxthon Web Browser Free

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X501A1 (SOCKET 0)
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1366x768 Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BPVT-80JJ5T0 (SATA)
    Mouse
    Always touchpad with Asus' Smart Gestures
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
You can "trust" your computer and devices so that you don't have to enter it all the time. Then you only need it on strange computers and it will leave scallywags who somehow get your password out in the cold.

I'll give it another try, but I tend to get on my nerves with so many passwords everywhere and all these many devices and programs and technostress.

The owner of this chinese browser is chinese. I have been communicating with him in the browser forums and also by email.

Indeed it sounds weird and scary for western people like most of us here, but the truth is that a very big percentage of software we use every day is already made in China. Specially on Android, lots of the best apps are made in China or Russia, enemy and scary countries. I for one have been using chinese browsers for lots of years because they happened to be the best ones for what I want. Usually, they take a successful one such as Internet Explorer or Chrome and improve them with lots of very handy features included by default. So I started using Maxthon, based on IExplorer for years, then moved to ChromePlus for years and now that it has been abandoned I moved to Cowoon and then to 7star, all three chinese and based on Chrome, and all three really what I wanted and working really well with those great extra features.

Do I trust them? No more and no less than I trust american software and the american government. Meaning, zero, meaning that we all know they spy on us and still we use our computers and the internet.

http://www.qixing123.com/
Coowon browser, the best chrome based browser, especially for gamers!
CoolNovo Browser - Formerly ChromePlus, fast and safe web browser with IE Tab
Maxthon Cloud Browser | Fast & Secure Browsers | Download Maxthon Web Browser Free

I agree with you. We should take each person, each company, regardless of nationality on their own merits. The Chinese constitute probably 20% of the world population; it is unfair to descriminate on the basis of nationality. There is good and bad in every country.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 with Bing x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire ES1-512-CSYW
    CPU
    Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz
    Motherboard
    Acer Aspire ES1-512 BIOS: Insyde Corps V1.07
    Memory
    4GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD
    Internet Speed
    10Mb/s 3 Network HSPA+
    Browser
    IE11 and Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I agree with you. We should take each person, each company, regardless of nationality on their own merits. The Chinese constitute probably 20% of the world population; it is unfair to descriminate on the basis of nationality. There is good and bad in every country.

Indeed. Plus we better get used to Chinese, Russian or Indian stuff because they go up very fast and we go down at the same speed.

America is still the boss, but Europe is decadent in every possible way. Concerning software, computers, the internet, electronics, etc, Europe just doesn't even exist. I wonder who's responsible for losing the trechnology train so incredibly badly and why nobody seems to care.

My first laptop was still half-German (Fujitsu-Siemens, now disappeared), but that's all. No european stuff anymore for anything related to technology. When I was a kid, Germany was the leading country, France and the UK did many things too. Even Italy made good home electronics. We even had Spanish brands at home for many things. Now, zero. And they wonder why we are in a crisis and blame the bankers. How about the guys that dismantled our industries to take them to Asia?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X501A1 (SOCKET 0)
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1366x768 Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BPVT-80JJ5T0 (SATA)
    Mouse
    Always touchpad with Asus' Smart Gestures
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
hey! i have the same issue and um surprised by reading your post! somebody logged into my gmail account through a MAC computer and a galaxy S IV. can anybody explain me why we both has the same issue and magically same the devices??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gigabyte
    CPU
    core i3 2100
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte