Solved software problems

sl2222

OK, I'm on win 8 x64. I just did a fresh install and got all the updates. Everything seems fine except there r a few programs that I can't get to run. These programs install with no errors but when I try to run them they won't open. These programs worked before so I know they're not the problem and they're all legit. I emailed the support people but haven't heard anything yet.

Ashampoo burning studio 12. The compact mode runs but the normal mode fails
Coffeecup HTML editor v12. I get an error when opening it and have to close the program.
Farstone Total Recovery Pro. When I try to run it nothing happens and it doesn't show in task manager.

I've installed a bunch of other stuff with no problems. Any ideas?
Thanks

p.s. I tried all the compatibility, run as administrator options etc. also ran sfc and got no errors

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
It might be because you have to install .NET Framework.

To check your versions of .NET Framework you run "run"
Type regedit

The browse to HKEY_LOCKAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/microsoft/.NET Framework
And check the sub folders in that folder. Please report what versions of .NET Frameworks you own or if the folder even exists

Check if you own version 3.0. Most programs work with that.

If you dont have 3.0 you should download .NET Frameworks 3.5. It contains everything you need.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Win XP
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus X301A
    CPU
    Intel I3
    Motherboard
    Memory
    640 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Browser
    IE 10
    Antivirus
    Norton
I can't even install net framework 3.5. it doesn't run when i click on the exe file. nothing happens.
on a side note, i subscribed to this thread and didn't get a notification when u responded that's why i was late getting back.
i did an sfc scan and it showed no errors.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
OK, maybe if you test with one program, you may end up fixing all three. So, let's start wit AShampoo 12:

According to the installation specs, it requires .net framework 4.0 and admin privileges.

So, have you verified that .net 4.0 is installed and have you tried right-clicking the executable and selecting "run as admin?"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
Also, you can try to go to control panel and browse for windows features and press turn windows features on or off. There you can install framework stuff too instead of the internet. I might take a while until it shows you the list of features. When its done loading there should be a checkbox for Frameworks 3.5. When you check that box and OK the window it should start to install Frameworks 3.5. Now some people experience some troubles with the installation wizard of windows features. If it starts freezing or doing nothing close the wizard and just try it again until it coöperates

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X301A
    CPU
    Intel I3
    Motherboard
    Memory
    640 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Browser
    IE 10
    Antivirus
    Norton
ok, I checked the windows features and the box for framework 3.5 and 4.5 both were dark (black box). I unmarked then marked them again to uninstall and re-install. that didn't work so I went back and checked every sub key for both framework versions and that seems to have fixed the problem.
Thank you both for all your ideas.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Glad we could help (I think)? Glad you figured it out!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
Youre welcome, glad youre now able to run youre progrmas without any problems :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X301A
    CPU
    Intel I3
    Motherboard
    Memory