• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shutdown not going all the way

MJ44iq

Hi there

If this is the wrong section for this question please direct me to the correct one.

The issue is that after i tell the PC to shutdown, it will show "shutting down", the display turns off but after that it will just stay on. However, restarting the PC would allow it to fully "turn off".

It is my understanding that this issue is usually caused by the fast startup feature. I've tried several things in that regard and others. Note that all these commands were indeed used in an elevated command prompt. including:

1. Shut down from the start menu or Alt+F4 the desktop.

2. using the "shutdown /s /f" command.

3. Accessing the registry and checking that the value of "HiberbootEnabled" which is located in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session manager / Power" is set to 0.

4. Disabling Hibernation entirely by using the command "powercfg.exe /hibernate off".

5. Used the "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes".

6. I did a clean windows installation.

7. Used the "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" which returned the message "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully" and followed it with "SFC /Scannow" multiple times. Each of which returned the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

Note: Fast Startup tick box isn't showing in "control panel / power options / change what the power buttons do"

So yeah, I guess that's all. Thanks in advance : )

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS
    Memory
    8 GB (4 GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus GTX 760
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)