SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

How to Run "SFC /SCANNOW" Command at Boot or in Windows 8 and 8.1

information   Information
The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

This tutorial will show you how to run the sfc /scannow command at boot or in Windows 8 to attempt to repair corrupted or modified system files.

Tip   Tip
If you get the Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service error when trying to run SFC, then make sure that the Windows Modules Installer service is enabled, click/tap on Start, and set to Manual.

Services - Start, Stop, and Disable in Windows 8

OR

Copy and paste the command below in the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. After the Windows Modules Installer service has started, try running the SFC command again

net start trustedinstaller

If SFC is unable to repair corrupted system files because the store (source) is corrupted, then you could run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to fix Windows component store corruption, then afterwards try running the SFC scan again.

warning   Warning
The KB3022345, KB3035583, and KB3068708 updates will cause SFC to give you a false mismatch message in SFC for files related to these updates.

You can safely ignore these results in your SFC details since it will not affect SFC from being able to repair other system files.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE

To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command at Boot

1. Open a command prompt at boot.

2. In the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter, then type list volume and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

SFC-boot-1.jpg

3. Make note of the drive letters for your boot drive (ex: 350MB "System Reserved" partition) and Windows 8 drive, then type Exit and press Enter. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: If you do not have a "System Reserved" partition, and are not multi-booting with another operating system, then the boot drive and Windows 8 drive may be the same drive letter.

4. In the command prompt, type the command below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You will see a blinking cursor at the prompt until finished. This will take a while to finish running though.

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=D:\windows

Note   Note
You will need to substitute the drive letter of the partition/volume where your system boot files are stored in the offbootdir=C: part of the command above instead.[

You will need to substitute the drive letter of your Windows 8 partition/volume in the offwindir=D: part of the command above instead.

SFC-boot-2.jpg

5. When the scan is complete, hopefully you will see an all is ok message like below.

finished.jpg

6. Close the command prompt, and restart the computer to start Windows 8.

Note   Note
If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 times restarting the PC after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

If not, then run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

If still not, then you could do a refresh of Windows 8, or run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad system file occured to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.

When running SFC offline (at boot), SFC logging in the CBS.log file is not supported to be able to create a sfcdetails.txt file in OPTION THREE below.

OPTION TWO

To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 8

1. Open an elevated command prompt or elevated PowerShell.

2. In the elevated command prompt or PowerShell, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: This may take a while to finish running.

SFC-1.jpg

3. When the scan is complete, hopefully you will see an all is ok message like the bottom screenshot below.
NOTE: Luckily SFC was able to repair my corrupted system files automatically.

SFC-2.jpg

CMD_No_Errors.jpg

Note   Note
If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 times restarting the PC after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

If not, then run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

If still not, then try using OPTION ONE above to run the sfc /scannow command at boot

If still not, then you could do a refresh of Windows 8, or run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occured to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.

If still not, then you can use the steps in the TIP box in the OPTION THREE section below to manually replace the files that SFC could not fix.

If you would like to get help with your SFC issue, then be sure to upload and attach your sfcdetails.txt file from OPTION THREE below in your post.

OPTION THREE

How to View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

Note   Note
When SFC runs, it logs it's actions into the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. The steps in this option will show you how to see only the specific SFC entries with the [SR] tags in this CBS.log. This can be helpful to show you what files SFC could not fix automatically if you wanted to try and manually replace them.

When running SFC offline (at boot) in OPTION ONE, SFC logging in the CBS.log file is not supported to be able to create a sfcdetails.txt file.

1. Open an elevated command prompt or elevated PowerShell.

2. In the elevated command prompt or PowerShell, copy and paste the command below and press Enter.
NOTE: This will place a sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop with only the SFC scan result details from the CBS.LOG in it.

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

3. Close the elevated command prompt.

4. Open the sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop to see the SFC scan details in the CBS.LOG.

5. When finished, you can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like.

Tip   Tip
If you need to replace a corrupted system file that SFC cannot fix, then this will show you how to:

If you have to many files that are corrupted, then run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

If you only have a few, then you could manually extract a new copy directly from your Windows 8 installation DVD or USB thumb drive, or ISO file if in a virtual machine.

Extract Files from Windows 7 Installation DVD

That's it,
Shawn

Attachments

• File_System.png
    File_System.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 548
Last edited by a moderator:
brink, i tried to do the sfc, but cmd says i must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. what do i do with that?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
I have been having some issues with installing a few game apps on my pc running Windows 8.1 (64bit) home version. I have been getting an error 0x80070003 and after following the steps on the MS site for that error and it still not fixing the problem, I ran the sfc /scannow. It found 2 errors.

The information states : If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 times restarting the PC after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

I did this but it did not fix those 2 errors. So I was looking at the other information and it states If you only have a few, then you could manually extract a new copy directly from your Windows 8 installation DVD or USB thumb drive,

I had created a USB Recovery Drive when I first got the computer as well as followed the steps to create the Dell factory backup and I also have Dell Windows 8.1 Recovery Media USB that I got when I got the computer. Can I use one of those items to manually extract a new copy of those 2 errors? This computer has the UEFI.
I did find out how to boot with the UEFI since I wanted to know how to do this in the event I needed to use my Acronis Backup should the Hard Drive ever fail. I would rather try and fix those 2 files rather than to use the backup I mad 2 weeks ago if at all possible.

Or do I still need to follow the steps given at http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Hello Injr, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Did you run the DISM command in the blue note box, then try SFC again?

That would be a more preferred method than trying to manually replace the files since it's hard to get the latest file versions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Before I went any further I thought that I would ask first. I will go back to the first page and follow the steps to run the DISM command and then run sfc /scannow.

I will let you know how that goes. Oddly enough I am not having any issues with the windows updates (which apparently that error code also applies to) and if it weren't for the fact that I was trying to install a few games for my niece when she is here this coming weekend I wouldn't have even known there was a problem. Especially since this computer is only a few months old.

Thanks so Very Much

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
I hope it goes smoothly for you. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Just wanted to let you know that I ran all 3 commands in an elevated prompt, restarted the computer and then ran sfc /scannow again and it did not find any errors.

Thanks So Very Much :thumb:

Now to see if I can install those darn games for my niece. Weird thing is that the mahjongg and sudoku I downloaded from the store and installed for me went smoothly.

Either way sfc /scannow is no longer showing any errors and that is the important thing.

Again, Thank You:)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Great news. :party:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
hi! i

i did several scannow, later did dism health, and a sfc scannow later, this is the relevant output on sfcdetails.txt
it asks about this files

palai.ttf
aldhabi.ttf

Code:
Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 17:06:09, Info                  CSI    00000a4e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 17:06:09, Info                  CSI    00000a51 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 17:06:09, Info                  CSI    00000a52 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-03-29 17:06:09, Info                  CSI    00000a55 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 17:06:09, Info                  CSI    00000a56 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"

found the files in on winsxs folder seem to be 0 byte , i extracted the fonts from windows font folder and they appear to be good
yPkoWa.png

but it won't let me replace them
YvoWaa.png

what could be done next?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 x86,7 x64, 8 x64, xp
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
Try a Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
thanks for replying

unfortunely it didn't help, same files

sfc /scannow
reboot
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
reboot
sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some..
Code:
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a48 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a52 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a53 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
Did you run another DISM image cleanup restore health?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
got the same result

ran dism
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.3.9600.17031

Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f0906

The source files could not be downloaded.
Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t
o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

then sfc /scannow

Code:
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a48 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a4b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a4e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a4f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a52 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 21:05:22, Info                  CSI    00000a53 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"

wonder what is the deal with those two files, i'm trying to avoid having to do something more invasive like an installation refresh

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
thanks for replying

unfortunely it didn't help, same files

sfc /scannow
reboot
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
reboot
sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some..
Code:
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a48 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"aldhabi.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-Aldhabi, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a4f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a52 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"palai.ttf" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-PalatinoLinotype, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file cannot be decompressed
2015-03-29 19:52:18, Info                  CSI    00000a53 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:342{171}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"

If you have an ISO file (DVD, USB, or the file on ext drive), try the following. It may be that that your store components need to repaired from an external source.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. Mount the .ISO file.

2. Open 'Windows Powershell' or 'Command Prompt' with Admin privileges.

3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

--------------------------------> Note: replace "X" with the drive letter of mounted ISO.

4. Now repair any damage in the system files.

5. sfc /scannow

************************************************************************************************************************************************

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win7 x64, win 10 tp, soon to be win 8.1
thanks for replying. Seems like it didn't help, tried with the update1 ISO
but got Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.

The iso was on a hard drive, and i did hear it working during the process (the OS is on a SSD), so i guess it tried to do stuff with it

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:Q:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t
o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see

sfc /scannow still with the same problem

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
thanks for replying. Seems like it didn't help, tried with the update1 ISO
but got Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.

The iso was on a hard drive, and i did hear it working during the process (the OS is on a SSD), so i guess it tried to do stuff with it

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:Q:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t

sfc /scannow still with the same problem
Hello, Webtax... It will run for a bit before it tries to access the source file, that's why you see the 100%, that is before it tries to access "Q" source ISO. Make sure you have mounted the ISO on your external drive: Right-click on ISO then left-click on "Mount" at the top of context menu. It must be Mounted, not just exist on the drive. Check your My Pc display to make sure it is mounted and the drive letter is correct. No space after the "Q".

------------ NOTE: The drive letter I refer to is the drive letter assigned when you mount the ISO, NOT the drive letter of the hard drive where the ISO is located. Just wanted to make that clearer --------------------------

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
tried with a physical optical disk just to be sure, but got the same result

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:F:\so
urces\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

also tried an old win 8 upgrade disk, but that one doesn't have install.wim so i guess that one wasn't going to work anyway

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
tried with a physical optical disk just to be sure, but got the same result

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:F:\so
urces\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

also tried an old win 8 upgrade disk, but that one doesn't have install.wim so i guess that one wasn't going to work anyway

Running out of options.... just for laughs, mount the ISO, open it, right-click setup.exe,, click properties, click detail. Verify that it is the ISO for your version, I assume 8.1.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
oh well thanks for your help guys

at least the ones on c:\windows\fonts\ are good, checked the SHA-1 was correct with the ones i extracted the files from the install.wim with 7-zip

problem is this 0 byte ones, no point replacing them since they are like compressed, or maybe i'll try the ones from another pc.
4LNnlJ.png

setup.exe had http://i.hizliresim.com/P5jVk7.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    asus p8p67 pro
    Memory
    16 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ati hd4850
oh well thanks for your help guys

at least the ones on c:\windows\fonts\ are good, checked the SHA-1 was correct with the ones i extracted the files from the install.wim with 7-zip

problem is this 0 byte ones, no point replacing them since they are like compressed, or maybe i'll try the ones from another pc.
4LNnlJ.png

setup.exe had http://i.hizliresim.com/P5jVk7.png
Here's the fonts from my box, if you want them.....View attachment Desktop.zip

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back