• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Screen Blank upon installing Galaxy GeForce GT 430 driver

ColinM

Hi, I'm new on the forum, and just learning the forum. Anyway, a few days ago I upgraded my PC from Windows XP Media Center Pro to Windows 8, and when I try to install the drivers from the cd that came with the gpu, a GeForce GT 430, the monitor just goes black. It worked when the OS was on XP MCE, but now it just goes blank. I tried googling solutions but I didn't find any real solutions, so I'm trying here. The specs of my PC are:

Windows 8 Beta Consumer Preview 32-Bit

4 GB Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo

Intel Viiv software (Or whatever the viiv is, I'm not the most technologically advanced person)

The GPU, Galaxy Geforce GT 430 1GB memory, DDR3, HDMI, DVI, VGA.

I have a 19 inch ASUS Plug & Play monitor. I can't really check the specs right now, so I'm currently saying these specs off memory. So, I don't know what else to provide, but can anyone help me with this? I already rebooted before, as this problem happened before. Big mistake, I had to reload the OS... System restore didn't work. And if your wondering how I got to system restore, I had to take the card out and connect to the built in video card. A little confusing? Basically:

Computer screen goes black and stays black when I try to install my Galaxy GeForce GT 430 graphics drivers. Its still blank now. Help? :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Hi and welcome to you.

Visit World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA to download/install the driver.

Or even easier, a direct link for you: Drivers - GeForce

If you're having problems, boot to safe mode + networking. You can download/install there. Then boot to normal mode and run the installer again, so your control panel is installed well for it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    HIS AGP HD 3850 Turbo Ice-Q
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    WD Caviar Black 1 TB Sata II, WD 400 GB Sata I, WD 120 GB Sata I
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Logitech Classic Keyboard 200, Dell RT7D20
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    2 MByte/sec Down, 250 KByte/sec Up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)