Samung Series 9 with Central Station 27" USB display - not working

walschots

Anyone has an idea how I get Samsung LC27A750XS USB display drivers (win7x64) to work on a Samsung NP900X1b with the Win8 CP installed?

The drivers won't start at all. The built in USB3.0 hub is recognized and working flawlessly, but the USB display driver continues to report it can't be initiated as there's reg keys missing.

I've reinstalled the win7x64 drivers over the Win8 defaults but nothing is resolving. I'm trying to use either for extended viewing or as the primary display while at my desk.

Thanks,

Pascal

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 CP
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung NP900X1B
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2537M @ 1.4Ghz
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
Samsung USB Display Smart Station Properties
General tab:
* Device type: USB and Network Display Devices
* Manufacturer: SAMSUNG

In the Events tab:
* This device cannot start. (Code 10)* A request for the USB serial number string descriptor failed.
* Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_206D\7&2d7a9753&0&1 has a problem starting with (null)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 CP
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung NP900X1B
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2537M @ 1.4Ghz
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
Resurrecting this thread because I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution for this. I have the 23" version of this monitor and installed Windows 8 this weekend and can't get the drivers to install for the life of me. I've tried compatibility mode and manually updating drivers and am not getting anywhere. I'm getting error "netfx rc =1013", if that means anything to anyone.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Build 9200
Back