running too warm??

HA ha ha ha! :D Mr. Magemeister , surely after all these years you could break down and get some hardware that can play a video in high res. I confess it took me around 30 years to break down and get a compressor. Not sorry I got it either. Just remember to get a water filter for it if you want to use it on components. If you ever get a PC capable of running the video you'll notice the sort of brush I like to use for cleaning hardware.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10, Linux Mint and more
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    X99 E-WS USB 3.1, CROSSHAIR HERO VIII
    Memory
    128 GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR, 32 GB TEAM GROUP T FORCE
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA 1070, SAPPHIRE RX 590 NITRO+
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    :::GRINS::: SERIOUSLY?
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
    PC builder. Own a dozen PCs / built hundreds. All of us have a lot to learn. Some of us stand to learn more than others and those who think they know the most generally know the least. I'm here to learn and pass on what little I know.
If I were to ever make a video, considering that most of the world does not have Hi Res capability, I think I'd make the vid at the lowest possible resolution.
I did watch that video, between the long pauses for 'Reloading'. And, too much chit chat and too little action. But thanks for the effort anyway. And, my own compressor has a water drain in the bottom of the tank which I drain out several times a year. That's always been good enough for me.

When the weather does not favor me going outside for PC cleaning, I do just use a shop vac and cleaning brush to clean out a PC. And I never use compressed air for cleaning a Keyboard, because it has a tendency to just blow the dirt deeper down into the keyboard.
Just a warning to those who will be warned: Never eat snacks or smoke, while at a computer keyboard.
:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
Another killer of PCs is pet hair. Unfortunately, draining the water at the bottom of the air tank isn't sufficient for removing the moisture from the compressed air leaving the nozzle for those who choose to use this method of cleaning. A water filter will add real time removal of moisture as the air is leaving the tank and that's why painters use them. I've never had a problem using an air compressor on PC components but I've heard some horror stories. In theory one could submerge a system board in a bathtub and after leaving it sufficient time to dry out it could still be safely used. I've actually witnessed this. Another killer of PCs is a kitchen where food is cooked.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
    PC builder. Own a dozen PCs / built hundreds. All of us have a lot to learn. Some of us stand to learn more than others and those who think they know the most generally know the least. I'm here to learn and pass on what little I know.
One of the last steps in PC Board manufacture, is washing it. I only know that, because I once ran a PC Board prototyping lab, at CAT. (ancient history, now)

And I've saved countless RAM sticks, by washing them with soap and water. (then rinsing them with Denatured Alcohol, before thoroughly drying them, and polishing up the edge connectors)

I don't own a water separator, and never have, and I've never had any problem with my air tools blowing water.
But, thanks anyway, for the heads up.
* Your input is always appreciated.

TM :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
Those electrolytic baths are really something else. I never owned one but a buddy of mine had one and it was fascinating to see how clean those boards could get after their treatment. Yup. I used the good old fashioned budget method myself and never once burned out a board by simply letting it dry out over a couple of days. I only have one bottle of denatured alcohol left. Canadian restrictions are getting nasty but I know someone who works in a lab and is licensed to buy it so not all is lost.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
What? Seems like Canada has gone off the deep end, with all sorts of restrictions. I keep Denatured Alcohol (1 quart can), Lacquer Thinner, and Acetone on hand all the time. I get all three at Walmart, in the paint department. I also use Household Ammonia, for a lot of little cleaning chores around the PC. It stinks, but does a great job of cleaning.

I used to mail my Utilities CD's to a good friend in Montreal, till they started disappearing. He told me the Mail Police (?) were taking them. So now, he has a Post Box in the US, just over the border. When I email him and tell him I'm sending him a new CD, he drives across the border, picks up the disk at the Post Office and takes it back home with him.

I've sent disks to London and Sidney, Au. with fewer problems. Anywhere in the US is NO problem at all.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
Seriously. Canada has gone off the deep end. I spare you. I remember when I went to meet my lovely from Louisiana at the airport and this poor man had all his software that he needed for his job confiscated. Another friend of mine who visited me lost over 10K worth of software via customs at the same airport. They never got it back. Your friend in Montreal is not exaggerating. CANADA is growing increasingly fascist. For me, a journey to the States would entail a 7 hour drive from where I live and I likely wouldn't be permitted to cross the border when I got there regardless. Honestly, I had more trouble entering my own Country with legal documentation. My days of travel are done. I'm old enough to die here now but I'm not proud of what has become of my Nation. My sympathies are with small business. Alberta was dubbed the Texas of Canada but alas, we live right next to Canada's version of California. Like the song says, the Idiots are Taking Over.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
Back