Restore Windows Live Mail in Windows 8.1

jan18

I mistakenly deleted some entries in Windows Live Mail. I have managed to recover most emails back as for as 2004 but they are mixed up. Also the mail client is corrupted and sometimes does not download messages or downloads them and then deletes them before they can be read.
Can anyone help me re-install Windows Live Mail...I understand that Windows Essentials that Live Mail originally came from is no longer available from Microsoft....Thanks Jan

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 17R SE
    Memory
    8GB
    Internet Speed
    50Mbps
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Avast
  1. Download and install the latest version of Windows Live Mail from the Microsoft website.
  2. Once the installation is complete, open Windows Live Mail and select the "File" tab.
  3. Click on "Import" and then select "Messages" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Choose "Windows Live Mail" from the list of options and click "Next".
  5. Select the location of your recovered emails and click "Next".
  6. Choose the folders that you want to import and click "Next".
  7. Wait for the import process to complete and then check your email folders to see if all of your emails have been restored.
  8. If you are still experiencing issues with your email client, you can try resetting it by going to the "File" tab and selecting "Options". From here, click on the "Advanced" tab and then click on "Reset". This will reset your email client to its default settings and may fix any issues that you are having.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win11
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back