Restore VAIO SSHD? To nuke or not to nuke....

Zippydsmlee

So I got a Vaio flip 15a....... dear sony.........why U make dis so consumer unfriendly? :sick:

Anyway I got the hard drive out finally (to the person that thought having no removable doors on a laptop, I will find you! :mad:)

Anyway.... So i got it out to see if I could boot up a 2.5 drive..... since desktop is down right now.... that aside I put my SSHD back in the vaio and ...nothing..... no OS found no bios change,ect,ect the drive appears wiped. Data recovery seems to find stuff but the bajilloin partitions it had are gone and its all one blank drive now.

Is this a new Laptop protection system I am unaware of or what? I feel like the newer the laptop the less it's PC like......... if I only did not need to draw on it and do 3D models........ I just ordered recovery media just in case a nuke is needed......

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8, Win 7, 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Win7 64 Home(HP Icore5 HP touchsmart) and Ultimate 64 desktop.
    CPU
    I7 4 thread, 4 core, 4.5Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asrock z97 formula oc
    Memory
    16GB Gskill 2400Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvida 760 2GB
    Sound Card
    Realtec chipset
    Hard Drives
    3 internal, 5 external LOL
Sounds like something happened to the SSD when you took it out. You can try and remove the power plug, battery and if there is a CMOS battery where the hard drive goes, pull it, but be careful, because the fingers that hold it, can be broken if you put too much pressure.

You can get the USB to SATA cables to connect the drive to another computer and use a Linux Live DVD to look at those partitions on that drive. Crucial sells them for $10. USB 3.0 2.5“ external hard drive module, CTSATAUSBCABLE from Crucial.com

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.
Sounds like something happened to the SSD when you took it out. You can try and remove the power plug, battery and if there is a CMOS battery where the hard drive goes, pull it, but be careful, because the fingers that hold it, can be broken if you put too much pressure.

You can get the USB to SATA cables to connect the drive to another computer and use a Linux Live DVD to look at those partitions on that drive. Crucial sells them for $10. USB 3.0 2.5“ external hard drive module, CTSATAUSBCABLE from Crucial.com

Alrteady did that for hours and hours, its not a bios issue AFAIK even removed the battery and Cmos battery, left it over night and nothing changed.

I have the drive pluged into a loaner desktop it did not even show up in device manger before I installed WD boost.Running WD's hard drive partition program. I'm going to try a few things before I try a LL disc, have plenty of sata to USB stuff too. I am prepared for the apocalypse just not a new laptop it seems 0-o

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8, Win 7, 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Win7 64 Home(HP Icore5 HP touchsmart) and Ultimate 64 desktop.
    CPU
    I7 4 thread, 4 core, 4.5Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asrock z97 formula oc
    Memory
    16GB Gskill 2400Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvida 760 2GB
    Sound Card
    Realtec chipset
    Hard Drives
    3 internal, 5 external LOL