What's new

restore using toshiba 3.0 port, can't find documents

mabelandbess

So my brand new computer had to be completely replaced by Dell. In the process, the dell dude and my husband backed up all my files (pictures and office documents) to a toshiba 3.0 port. I figured out how to restore everything to the new computer, however, it restored it to c:user/erin but I think I am not erin on the new computer (I must have put myself as something else, I named the new new computer Iris, what I would have named a daughter but I only had sons). But I think it is all there on the new computer I just can't find it because when I go to the search (on the right hand side when I move my arrow over- what do you call that bar that pops up?) and I search for my files, they are there. How do I figure out what my user is now and how do I transfer them to my current user? If they are in the right user how do I find them without using search...they aren't in my documents or on my desktop as the user I am now.

Thank you in advance! I sure appreciate these forums even when I don't understand 99% of them!!!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)