How to Create a Recovery PC settings Shortcut in Windows 8.1
EXAMPLE: Recovery in PC settings
OPTION ONETo Download a "Recovery" PC settings Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the ZIP file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
4. Unblock the extracted shortcut.
5. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
OPTION TWOTo Manually Create a "Recovery" PC settings Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the command below into the location area, and click/tap on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
If you do not have a US English Windows 8.1 installed, then you will need to change the en-US folder name in the command below for the folder name with your language instead for this to work.
3. Type Recovery for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or press and hold on the new Recovery shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)
9. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
- How to Refresh Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- How to Create a Refresh Windows Shortcut in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Reset Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- How to Create an Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Boot from a USB Drive within Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Boot from a USB Drive on Surface