Recovery Drive Infected By Virus

diane49v

After trying all the internal methods of restarting/restoring my pc I found that my recovery drive D: was infected by the RAPID virus. Now that drive has been rendered completely useless for recovery. The main drive C: was not infected at all so I'm still able to gain access to all my personal files and
perform other functions, such as browse the internet, problem-free. I can still get into safe mode, load the BIOS, run diagnostics, etc. However, I can't use any of the recovery drive options or access the recovery menu in windows (F-11 key at bootup). I can't create a recovery drive, refresh or reinstall windows, anything to do with system recovery. I don't even have any system restore points to fall back on. It also affected my ablity to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall windows. My computer doesn't recognize my external drive even though it has priority in the BIOS and the USB is properly formatted).There's also a problem running DOS commands (such as bootrec) as required files are missing (doesn't specify which files) or nothing happens when I press Enter (no error messages).

Instead of using a bootable USB, data recovery software, or partition manager because I can't restore the missing, deleted, or corrupted files from recovery D: drive back into the same drive, is there a third-party software that can repair the recovery drive without having to turn off or restart the pc or boot up through an external drive? A program that can be installed and run within windows and just fix the corrupted partition, or a program to create a new recovery drive while windows is running? Any type of fix/repair other than DOS commands or reintalling windows through a USB drive.

Replacing the hard drive at this time is not an option. I need alternative solutions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1, 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
As far as I know the virus is no longer a threat and all my other files are safe. It only effected the recovery drive.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1, 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
Back